:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
raybob

What are the minimum System Requirements to run BTTFHV at a reasonable frame rate?

i ran it ok with a pentium 4 3.4ghz (any dual core will run better than that) 2gb DDR2 533MHz RAM, and a 512mb nVidia 8600GT before i got my new PC. even a 256mb should run it fine

I'm running it on an Biostar motherboard, with onboard Nvidia Geforce 6100, 2 Ghz AMD, and about 512 ram, it runs fine for me but I'm running VC on its lowest settings and I still have a little lag here and there.

i ran it on highest settings at 1440x900

doubt it. RAM doesnt affect frame rate much. your problem would be your old, outdated, low end video card

I have GeForce FX5500 256MB and 768MB of ram. SA runs better than VC lol :lmfao:

doubt it. RAM doesnt affect frame rate much. your problem would be your old, outdated, low end video card

Except if you have an onboard GPU. From a very low 12 fps with 1 GB RAM and 230 MB VRAM, it increased up to a considerable 30+ fps by upgrading my RAM to 2 GB RAM, which also increased my VRAM to 256 VRAM. The effect of upgrading your RAM to increase your onboard's VRAM and eventually performance depends on the onboard you're using. Virtual memory helps too. I'm using an Intel 946GZ with 10+ GB of virtual memory and 2 GB of system memory. The crashes in the mod only occur when I'm in post-2009 time periods. As for the lags, I only worry about them I have the draw distance on high or max.

GeForce FX5500 256MB and 768MB of ram

lol I have exactly the same specs on one of my secondary PCs. Same thing (SA runs better than VC with mod installed). :lol:

well yeah unless you use shared or borrowed memory for your vid card or built in graphics i mean

depends on whether your onboard shares memory or not

i ran it ok with a pentium 4 3.4ghz (any dual core will run better than that) 2gb DDR2 533MHz RAM, and a 512mb nVidia 8600GT before i got my new PC. even a 256mb should run it fine

I'm running it at 640x480 with a Single Core 1.8GHZ AMD Athlon 64 2800, 512 RAM and a 64Meg Video Card, and the frame rate is almost normal, but freezes constantly at completely crashes after 6 minutes usually. The frame rate is generally fine until about 1 1/2 minutes.

your problem would be your old, outdated, low end video card

Ha yeah, I'm running a VIA/S3G UniChromeII 64MB Video Card from 2004 or something....

(As I just learned, :D it can't handle even +0.1V extra....

i never increase the voltage of my vid card. i did increase the clock speed of my PCI-E bus once though

AMD Athlon 3800 Dual Core

1 GB of RAM

nVidia 7300 GT

Sign in to follow this