Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Blackbird

XP+Vista

I have already installed Win XP Pro SP3 and I want to dualboot vista and I want to ask how long does this screen takes,because It takes a lot of time of nothing.

Please I don't need any replys as "VISTA SUCKS'!"

PS:Also I tried google,but still can't find it

Edited by Nokiaman

Um I don't have specs like you.But I guess you have only Vista isn't it?

Also If I try to install it directly from XP it stucks at 2nd please wait screen

PS:WOW fast reply

Edited by Nokiaman

doesnt take long on my laptop either. 2.0ghz core 2 duo and 2gb RAM. login screen appears almost instantly, then when i log in it goes nearly directly to my desktop.

oh well you might want to have mentioned that before cause thats the same as the login screen. ive never had to install vista but i cant imagine it hanging there for too long with no messages. if its not moving then its probably not installing

Yeah it's strange.Anyway maybe I know why.

C:=Win Xp and few stuff here

D:=Games and other stuff

Can be Vista installed on XP's D:?Or Vista must have clean disk?

you should install it on a fresh partition

you should install it on a fresh partition

Something I don't have :D

Is there way to cut 10GB from C: and make another partition without losing data in C:?

Edited by Nokiaman

I'm still in the process of getting my new PC fully setup, but I've had no problem with Vista so far (running Service Pack 1), I was actually supprised considering all the bad press I've heard/read about it.

I'm contemplating what I should do with my PC, I can either do a dual boot XP + Vista, Or a multi boot, XP + XP 64 + Vista Ultimate 64

Something I don't have :D

Is there way to cut 10GB from C: and make another partition without losing data in C:?

yes but you'll have to download a partition creator. unlike vista, XP doesnt have one

Hmmm.. XP + VISTA is love.. lol :P

yes but you'll have to download a partition creator. unlike vista, XP doesnt have one

Any suggestions for good one?I don't wanna lose my data in C: only because of Vista.That would p*ss me off :lol:

Hmmm.. XP + VISTA is love.. lol :P

Of course.Both of them have something that other one don't have

Edited by Nokiaman

Any suggestions for good one?I don't wanna lose my data in C: only because of Vista.That would p*ss me off :lol:

sorry no, ive never had to use one

Vista sucks! lol jk

I did was able to dual boot XP and Vista before, but I can't seem to remember. All I can remember is that Vista was installed first before XP, and none of the files I have in Vista were lost when I dual-booted it with XP. And like yours, I use my two hard drives for big stuff -- one for major programs (C:), the other for games and stuff (D:). My other two hard drives is for music (E:) and back-up (F: -- the largest hard drive in terms of HDD capacity). I never really lost any files upon dual-booting but I do remember dividing my hard drive to 2 partitions, one of which is a fresh partition where I've installed my XP. Sorry if I have something wrong here 'cause I really forgot all of these stuff. It's been long when I stopped doing dual-boots, but nothing went wrong when I did it all. I was sure that time that I was doing everything right.

I'm still in the process of getting my new PC fully setup, but I've had no problem with Vista so far (running Service Pack 1), I was actually supprised considering all the bad press I've heard/read about it.

I'm contemplating what I should do with my PC, I can either do a dual boot XP + Vista, Or a multi boot, XP + XP 64 + Vista Ultimate 64

lol same here. In my observation, Vista is like 0.2e -- as long as you have a good computer, you won't encounter any problems whatsoever. The people who made those bad presses probably didn't use a good computer at all. :lol:

personally i dont experience half the problems people the big friendly giant about and i find it a fairly reliable OS and it does have many good features that XP doesnt have. i wouldnt go back to XP

You know I've had my vista for a while now, and It's grown on me a lot. Once you get used to the annoying "Allow this" and "are you sure you want to allow that?" stuff its really not that bad, I just reformatted my Vista now I'm falling in love all over again.

It also depends on what kind of system you have. I know my current one wouldn't beable to handle Vista as well as it does XP.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

i have user account control turned off so i dont get the annoying alerts

You know I've had my vista for a while now, and It's grown on me a lot. Once you get used to the annoying "Allow this" and "are you sure you want to allow that?" stuff its really not that bad, I just reformatted my Vista now I'm falling in love all over again.

i have user account control turned off so i dont get the annoying alerts

The User Account Control is a security feature. It is annoying, mainly because it's most strict feature of Vista. In fact, this is the one that makes an anti-virus-free and anti-sypware-free Vista 2-4 times more secure than an anti-virus-free and anti-spyware-free XP. Disable it and you may end up having (incompatible) viruses trying to hack through your system, which will make it fail instead, unless you use tough security programs in UAC's place.

One time, my dad tried disabling the User Account Control, after finding it annoying, until some hours later a noob virus tried hacking to Windows Explorer, but failed miserably, making Windows Explorer constantly crash. I had to reformat all 5 of my hard drives (including my back-up drive) and reinstall Windows Vista to have it all fixed (there goes my precious 243 GB of files).

The dude from Microsoft is both right and wrong about forcing Windows Vista to be annoying to users. It makes you think twice about switching back to XP and disabling User Account Control -- It's either annoyance from an harmless fully-featured OS, or annoyance and frustration from numerous unwelcome guests.

i have subscription antivirus, spyware and firewall

Sign in to follow this