Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
timetrain

Back to the Future School Dance

So a few weeks ago our high school had their "Hi-Night" Dance, I usually don't go to any dances besides homecoming and the prom so I decided that on my senior year I should at least go to one more dance, and for a good reason too. Out of the blue my school decided to host a Back to the Future dance. At first when I read it I thought it was just a name or it was a futuristic dance or something, but sure enough when I got the dance ticket...

09-09-08_1147.jpg

There's the big old Back to the Future logo slapped on there, so they had me hooked and I went.

The dance was pretty much what I expected it to be, really hot and nothing but rap music with a little rave and Daft Punk music which was good.

They had to huge posters around the room though:

Some attempt at painting the delorean.

09-09-08_2033.jpg

and the flux capacitor.

09-09-08_2034.jpg

It was pretty lame I got to admit but I loved it, it wasn't all bad after all, I got this amazing T-Shirt for attending.

12-01-08_2217.jpg

Wonder if you went around recruiting members for the forum.

Did they even play Power of Love, Back in Time, Johnny B. Goode, or even Time Bomb Town? If not the dance was a total crock.

But it would have still been a cool experience, although I would probably be the creepy man in the corner (who shouldn't be at a high school dance).

I would probably be the guy playing johnny b goode :P

No just a bunch of Rap and some techno, It was okay. We danced a lot but it was around 90 degrees or more in the small cafeteria.

Awesome man, the shirt is probably the coolest thing on there. To bad they didn't have any BTTF music. Did they play that rap song that was based around Back to the Future? Looked like fun though. Might have to offer this for an idea next year in high school.

No not really, just regular music.

I was surprised how many people were interested in the dance and it felt weird seeing everyone walking around with Back to the Future shirts, some were even tie-died. I haven't warn mine at all yet, I've been keeping it in my closet, not wanting to put it on or wash it in case I ruin it.

I recently bought a "Save the Clock tower" shirt a well and I can't tell you how many comments I got on it when I wore it one day. It was strange enough almost everyone in my classes loved the movies and wanted my shirt, pretty much all the teachers said something about it as well.

No not really, just regular music.

I was surprised how many people were interested in the dance and it felt weird seeing everyone walking around with Back to the Future shirts, some were even tie-died. I haven't warn mine at all yet, I've been keeping it in my closet, not wanting to put it on or wash it in case I ruin it.

I recently bought a "Save the Clock tower" shirt a well and I can't tell you how many comments I got on it when I wore it one day. It was strange enough almost everyone in my classes loved the movies and wanted my shirt, pretty much all the teachers said something about it as well.

Same thing here, I have the shirt of "Darth Vader" from bttf.com. I can not tell you how many people came up to me and said (right or wrong) "I am Darth Vader, I am an Extra Terrestrial from the planet Vulcan" I think BTTF is one of those movies everyone knows, and is a very well known movie. Even friends of mine that hate old movies, just love BTTF.

Sign in to follow this