Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Warwick or Ashdown?

I want to buy a bass amp, because my 38 watts one isn't enough for me X) And now I can't choose between a 180watts Ashdown and a 150watts warwick. If any of you know anything about this 'area', can you help me?!?

All I have to say is get one that won't get blown out when you turn it all the way up like Marty's amp :P

loooooool :P anyway, any of these two is good enough for small gigs right?

Personally I'd go with the Ashdown over the Warwick, but that's me. Check out the reviews of both on Harmony Central, that's how I made my choice. Had the amp about 2 years now, never had a problem with it so far.

What bass do you have btw?

this is my bass:

nlsR40855670-02.jpg

It's a 4-String Starsun --' it's not that good and it's passive. But it looks cool and has 24 frets :P

My first bass was better than this one I think, even if it was a 16 year old, rusty Aria Pro 2 ^^ but since it wasnt mine I had to give it back to my uncle and buy one. At the time I was a n00b so I didnt buy an expensive bass...But now I'm going to buy a 5-string Warwick Vampyre :D

RockBass-Vampyre.jpg

That's not exactly the one I wanted to buy, but since Rickenbackers are impossible to find here in Portugal....:(

I have a 4 string MusicMan Sub in Red, the only thing that has been changed on it was to change the stock scratch plate to a genuine MusicMan Stingray scratch plate.

e3b6_3.jpg

e721_3.jpg

The good thing about the sub is, it’s essentially a MusicMan Stingray, it just doesn’t have contours or fancy paint, all the components are the same. I suspect that’s why they discontinued them, people were buying these instead of the Stingray :P

I believe it’s available in both 4 and 5 string versions, may possibly be worth you having a look on ebay? That’s where I picked mine up from.

I heard of Musicmans, I bet that they're really good, but I dont like their visual styles X) I prefer Warwick :D

Personal preference at the end of the day, it's not a bad looking bass.

Personally I'd go for sound quality anyday over asthetics, plus, the MusicMan Sub's are only increasing in value, the price of them has almost doubled since I bought mine.

To copy a quote many people use when talking about the Sub, it’s essentially a Stingray but half the price

Here is a quote from a current Ebay auction for a sub bass.

I could not believe that these basses were discontinued back in October 2006, so I treated myself to one. These were made in the USA and are of the same quality as the more expensive Stingrays and made in the same plant. These had the hard wearing textured finish. The bass is Red with black headstock and black neck with chrome control panel and I ordered this bass with the optional upgrade black sub scratch plate and LOOKS GREAT.

It plays and sounds like a £1200 bass So remember that you are really buying a new stingray at half the price as the price listed is the price I want for the bass £625, may consider a close offer if you pick up the bass in person.

The SUB combines the legendary punch and solid construction of the Stingray. It has the classic stingray sound and is also fitted with the same electronics as the more expensive Stingrays.

yeah sound quality is important, but warwick isnt bad with sound quality.

yeah that's the warwick I was referring to ^^ And yeah I would have a Fender too, but Fender's style, and musicaman's style, isn't my 'style' :/ I'm a 'trasher' X) so I prefer a bass not as good as a musicman or fender, because those basses are a bit 'Jazz style' not exactly 'metal' style :/

for example: I can't imagine Cliff Burton playing with a fender or a musicman :P

Edited by Jay

I don't actually know who that is, runs to google, ah Metallica. Metal's not really my thing, I'm more a rock/blues person, ala Hendrix, ZZ Top, and The Hamsters (who no one will have heard of :P)

No matter what style you play though, you gotta love MarloweDK, dunno if you've seen any of his vids on youtube, he's an awesome player, and has more basses than you can shake a stick at.

Some Rickenfunk vids.

OMG awesome :D and I love that bass, it's the bass of my dreams +.+

xD

You should check out his other vids, they are all worth watching, one of my faves is the P bass funk video.

Sign in to follow this