Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

THE CAKE IS A LIE.

Finally ?

It's Possible To Find The Cake ... But You Need A Tool ^^

The computer that guides you through the game, GLaDOS, promises you that you will be given cake at the conclusion of the test. However, this turns out not to be the case. Thus, 'the cake is a lie.'

oO I'm confused :unsure:

lol

For those who don't know what "The cake is a lie" means, it's a quote from the game Portal. It's those messages you see on the walls made by previous subjects who are also under "hostage" by GLaDOS. GLaDOS promised that she'll give a cake to the subject who "passes the tests". Other than the fact that the tests seem too hard, too deadly or too impossible to accomplish, the subjects can't escape from the facility due to the fact that GLaDOS killed all of the employees of the facility and there's no one left to help them get out when they find themselves stuck, where they're forced to accomplish the tests hoping they'll finally get out or find an exit upon doing so.

The last subject, the player character of the game, manages to escape GLaDOS, who was trying to kill her, and from the facility where the tests were held, but the subject never get a hold on the cake. In the final scene of the game, the cake GLaDOS was talking about is seen, suggesting it's not a lie.

Also I remember something that allows you to gain access to the cake without cheating, but I don't seem to remember. But you can find the instructions on how you can do it in YouTube.

Is the cake suppose to be like the $1million dollar prize for the Advent Rising competition.

From "-Bender-" on GameSpot forums:

O.k., so Advent Rising (5.7, Alex Navarro) wasn't such a great game. But, many people bought the game for the online competition being held where you could win 1 million dollars. Not a bad prize. Unfortunately, they could not handle the hackers, and thus cancelled the competition.

Of course at this point I'm just talking out of my arse.

Is the cake suppose to be like the $1million dollar prize for the Advent Rising competition.

Yeah, sort of like that. The cake prize is true, but winning it isn't.

Sign in to follow this