:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
RobertBlox

Hello, I'm new to the forums. :)

Hello everyone, my name is RobertBlox.

To kick-off this new topic, I hope I put this in the right place. :lol: If not, please excuse me since I am new. Additionally, I am a big BTTF fan and a fan of the mod (much like the rest of you). Hence, that's why I'm here.

For the past few years I have very much admired the work of the mod team and all of this site's members towards the completion of the BTTF HV conversion. I also just recently aquired Vice City and installed the mod.

So where did I get my name?:

In 2008, I joined a site called ROBLOX where I intended on coding a game very similar to the Back to the Future: Hill Valley mod. I created the name, "RobertBlox," because of "Ro" and "Blox."

I look forward to a great time here for all of us together.

- RobertBlox

Edited by RobertBlox

Well then, may I be the first to welcome you to our little community!

Thank you! :D

It's ironic that you were the first to invite me because I actually made a video that was inspired by your avatar. The video is titled "Roxbury to the Future..." and well... I'll leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Thanks for inviting me once again,

- RobertBlox

Edited by RobertBlox

Here's the video I made if you would like to see it. :)

Edited by RobertBlox

*ahem* first off, Welcome to hell, also you should probably visit Here

and thumb through it so we can yell at you later for not actually reading that garbage, other then that enjoy you're stay.

What a warm welcome, Jen. Also, welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome RG. Is it okay with you if I call you RG?

Also, thank you Leaf for sending me that link to information about the mod, but I've already read that before. ;) Though I appreciate your hospitality.

Although, I don't believe this is hell... Nope, this is Hill Valley all right. :rolleyes:

Edited by RobertBlox

No this is definatly hell ...its just out of season. devil.gif

Get out while you still can ...oh wait, too late ;)

Welcome to the party... B)

the one time i'm nice and dk still treats me like a prisoner, advice , stay away from me as if i say anything its taken the wrong way by the morons that own this place so yea... but glad you've read it because you won't be in for as much of a ride as most of the stupid beginners.

yea the first time you're "nice" includes calling this place hell, lol. Leaf, it's my job to be a pain in the ass to everyone :D

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your say at this small community. Hope you're not too bothered some members as most are nice and helpful.

What is that coding project you are working on if I may ask?

DK name one time you've been a pain in my a$$ :P He can't because he hasn't. As with any other community there are drama queens. Gotta fulfill their needs somewhere.

And indeed welcome. There is in fact a lot of knowledge here and usually you will get help even if the question is relatively noobish unlike gtaforums or other modding communities. This is also a nice little place to learn about other peoples projects aside from the HV mod.

XD! Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the forums. Don't mind Leaf.. you'll learn to ignore her

hahahahahahah :rotfl:

Wow, first few days here and I've already met a lot of great people! :D

Thank you for the very warm welcome guys. I'm sorry that I don't reply to your posts so quickly, but as with us our lives are very important, too.

Oh, yes. Blue, the coding project I was working on was on a DeLorean model I made on the ROBLOX site. I was coding it to have turning wheels, working doors, lights, etc.

Before taking the project off the public view, I have completed a Time Travel code that changes a Time of Day value, much like HV. I also completed a fly-conversion code to change the BTTF 2 car along with engine failure codes, etc.

This was all done in LUA though, which is a much less complicated programming language than ones such as Python, Java, and C++.

Thank you for being interested, though. :)

Thanks everyone,

- RobertBlox

hahahahahahah :rotfl:

yea well nobody asked you ;)

Edited by ~Leaf~

By the way Leaf, I have noticed that you have been working on the BTTF: LC mod and that you are an expert C++ programmer. I would like to congratulate you on your great work over there. :)

Also Trance, your BTTF: HV Telltale conversion work looks very excellent and almost (if not) flawless so far. It would be very cool if there was more stuff you could work with from Telltale, though. :D

And Thyncho, I have seen your modeling work on your 1955 Hill Valley so far and must say that you are very talented and know what you're doing. B)

Blue, I have also seen your many improvements towards the coding and effects in the GTA VC and SA editions of the mod. The capabilities you have are amazing, much like most others here. ;)

For others of you that I did not mention yet here, you too have done some great work and I admire and respect all of you.

Thanks again for being so welcoming,

- RobertBlox

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay

that is why lua is popular. I've used it myself from time to time and I do like it as well.

I'm not that great. The others here have done amazing things in the years when I left that are more impressive. All i did was just simple manipulation of the functions, nothing too fancy.

Also Trance, your BTTF: HV Telltale conversion work looks very excellent and almost (if not) flawless so far. It would be very cool if there was more stuff you could work with from Telltale, though. :D

Like the TT Jurassic Park models? :P Or walking dead when it's released? Don't think I haven't thought about it. And thanks!!!!

Well, yes you could work with those models, too. I was mainly speaking BTTF-wise, though. :P

I also very much liked your volcano. That was pretty nice! B)

By the way Leaf, I have noticed that you have been working on the BTTF: LC mod and that you are an expert C++ programmer. I would like to congratulate you on your great work over there. :)

Thank you for your kindness, but I'm no expert. but if you happen to be active within the next few months I am working on a surprise for this site that I will be posting :) I'm glad that some people

SPOILER:
Not DK
Still have manners, please enjoy your stay here As i said in my welcoming message.

Sign in to follow this