:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

It's either your Java or your specs, or both. I don't see any difference between the second pre-B1.9 and B1.8.1. Or perhaps I've missed something.

1.7 and previous was fine, but since 1.8 i've had nothing but trouble!!!

Its the new stupid chunk loading system, it relies heavily on CPU, and my CPU is rubbish!

I'd like to upgrade my PC, but I've had no problems thus far from other games! And I'm not wasting money on MC!!!

If they went back to the old chunk loading method I'd be happy, but I can't play 1.8 or 1.9 without crashing!!! So they can f**k OFF!!!

Edited by Orgcon

Just noticed the difference after a few more testing. It could be because of the new biome generation code. Well this is just a pre-release or a 'beta of a beta'. Complaining about it right now would to me be like the people at the Sophos, who just recently complained about the new built-in anti-virus of the upcoming Windows 8 based on a preview version. ;P

Who knows? It might be a lot better in terms of visuals AND performance than the old biome code. Let us save our temper for any possible flaws in the full B1.9.

Btw, I'm loving the new upcoming features for both B1.9 and B1.10, like the new upcoming Enderman and animal behaviors (though I hope for more improvement for all other mobs). B1.10 is definitely worth the wait for me. Unless there'll be ANOTHER freaking beta, then I'll just go for the full version at November.

Yah my friend uses Alienware, and the game always crashes for him espicially going into water, and he has good specs

(Accidentally deleted this post (again))

ench.png

Is that what I think it is? Holy freaking crap. I really hope so. Finally the ability to write in books in the vanilla game.

EDIT: OR it's the "enchantment table" Notch was talking about. Damn. I was hoping for something like writable books. >_<

Btw, just like the huge shrooms before, I have mixed feelings about the upcoming potions and brewing system, along with the enchantment thing I've mentioned above. But now they're starting to grow on me. Either I have a few interests in alchemy, or I personally prefer calling the potions "drugs" -- I dunno, it helps beat my dislike or disinterest towards having too much 'supernatural' or magical stuff in a game like Minecraft by calling them realistic names (LOL). I, however, have yet to think of a name for the new enchantment book. I hope it's gonna be some type of 'tool' for the village priest or something.

0h6Wt.png

Notch has revealed a new addition to the recently added breeding mechanic - baby animals! The most recent Pre-Release version allows for animal breeding, by giving two animals some wheat, which puts them into what most have called "Love Mode" - which then produces a fully-grown, new animal. With baby animals, we may begin to see a form of life cycle with the native inhabitants of Minecraft

Edit:HOLY CRAP WHITELIST YOUR CREATIVE SERVERS

Edited by TheCoolest2

I wonder what breeding would be mostly *for*. As farm animals, perhaps?

Me thinks when you raise them while they're young, you'll earn their trust and form a farmer-type relationship with them. Then finally as farm animals, you have to continuously take care of them, making sure they don't die off as they are then utterly dependent on their farmer. And perhaps also another purpose for having a pet wolf, like having a shepherd dog or something. It would really be awesome idea to have a ranch.

And speaking of wolves, I wish for more purposes for our pets than just as hunt dogs or combat companions or a cure for SSP loneliness. Perhaps, we can have something like giving them certain items, each suggesting a specific command, like stand guard and watch out for enemies or look for food.

Don't really like the dragons. In gym my friend was mentioning pre release 3 and this other kid we don't know says 2.1 is out we are like no it's not O.o and he starts cursing at us!?! Is there some mc thing with 2.1?

Well I tried my hand at a bit of Alchemy and it was fun but only for a few mins.

I don't really see the point of negative potions :huh: Sounds like a sensible idea if you wanted to revert back to normal if the effects lasted for ages, but they wear off after about a minuet anyway so they are pointless. And being able to poison yourself also sounds like a stupid idea. <_<

Saying that, being able to kill in one hit and runaway faster than you can control are a hella fun! :D

I'm glad there is a feature for luring animals into captivity (with wheat) in order to breed them in a controlled environment rarther than chasing them across half the countryside only to have them suicide like lemmings off of cliffs!!! :lol:

now to start farming animals...

EDIT: Well I have successfully managed to Find, Lure and Breed animals in captivity. Its pretty weird when an animal has come to maturity and you can mate it with its parent to produce yet more offspring :o

Only in MC can you have inbred farming :lol:

I also met an 'Enderman during the day' he was very passive even though I just stared him down for about 30 secs, then he teleported away into the distance.

Edited by Orgcon

Never seen this one before XD

That's a part of the mod.

As if Endermen and Silverfish weren't enough

Dragons were planned and thought of way before these guys. :P

I don't really see the point of negative potions :huh: Sounds like a sensible idea if you wanted to revert back to normal if the effects lasted for ages, but they wear off after about a minuet anyway so they are pointless. And being able to poison yourself also sounds like a stupid idea. <_<

Don't have a problem with it at the moment. Can't say it's just for the LOLz, though. If it is going to be a sort of weapon, it would imbalance the game as we already have the good old craft-able weapons and even an enchantment book for it, too. A simplest explanation for it is that it's some sort of consequence for trying to experiment with different forms of formulas (that is, without checking the Wiki). It is alchemy, after all. Or it could be a useful plot drive or element for the upcoming adventure mode or something.

And speaking of farm animals, I was honestly hoping for something like taming them by earning their trust while they are young. But then I thought we're talking about barnyard animals, so I guess making a ranch out of them instead of turning them to some sort of pets is a better idea. (LOL)

I'm having missing chunks, and I don't mean reload or disconnect and reconnect, chunks are missing i jumped into it and I died in the void, water is flowing into it usually its cut off. I spawned next to Stronghold, or 2

Minecraft looks fun, I'm not sure if I should Get it. I know a lot of people like it, since it takes a step out of real life.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Says the guy who's wasting time making "secret" messages

You should get it and have a go. You might suck at first but if you give it a chance you will get better. I find it most interesting that you have the abillity to c**k the bow to different strengths in order to fire further. I hope you buy the game Mr.Kocher, you'll be most pleased. ;)

Edited by Orgcon

I like how chickens appear when you throw eggs at mobs. :lol:

That's been happening for a couple of releases already, right, Dragon King ;)?

I wonder what breeding would be mostly *for*. As farm animals, perhaps?

Sadly animals still despawn. I had a little farm in my garden but now all animals are gone.

NOTCH HAS ADDED DRAGONS!!!!

I hope they stay in the Ender though and don't make it in the overworld.

I also met an 'Enderman during the day' he was very passive even though I just stared him down for about 30 secs, then he teleported away into the distance.

Endermen stand still until you move your cursor off them again.

I also saw one yesterday more or less randonly teleporting across the map during daytime. He didn't even stop teleporting for just a second.

Don't have a problem with it at the moment. Can't say it's just for the LOLz, though.

That's why I keep looking at Endermen every now and then. Just because I find it funny how they teleport towards me, suddenly seem to be gone and then bite my ass :D. I've got to check what happens if I try that while standing in water, as they are hydrophobic.

@Pantherclaws: That also means your new monster collection room will only yield Enderperls and no living Endermen.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

:lol:

I found this posted on a site, is this true?

Also, Notch made minecraft a blocky "s**tty" looking game because he is trying to show the world that you don't need "SUP3R L33T GHX" for a game to be good, and that the gameplay is what makes a game great, not the graphics. In /alpha/ the game can be beutiful when you see a floating mountain with waterfalls coming down forming a pond in a valley that turns into a river.

Gameplay > Graphics.

Sign in to follow this