:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

YES I WANTED TO POST IT I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE KRYSK'S NAME!!!EMBEDDED

Edited by TheCoolest2

I can't believe I was in team Avos video ._.

And it not might be 12th!?? :o

Hmm... so I assume this will be the new block and item selection window for classic mode in 1.8?

NewClassicItemSelector.png

I took that shot from the video a page ago.

Yes I saw in the video, administrators will be able to switch to creative mode in their server

1.8 PRE RELEASED LEAKED what th- *boom*?? BIG TALK ON HF

Edited by TheCoolest2

1.8 PRE RELEASE IS OUT CONFIRMED BY NOTCH :D

Where? :huh:

Thanks to Coolest being useless on proof and the location of the DL link, I had do do some quick searching and find it myself.

Its true that Notch released it buggy because he didn't want ppl looking for downloads by untrusted external sources.

Here is a trusted DL of 1.8 pre-release Beta: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre/minecraft.jar

*use at own risk*

Edited by Orgcon

I didn\'t have a link at that time i was reading ._.

Edit: :o

jkwodc.png

Edited by TheCoolest2

I was playing it for hours last night... Survival is a lot more intersting now with the hunger bar. I am dissapointed that you can't get lamb from sheep as there seem be be more sheep than anything else where I set up residence.

Plenty of wool though :P

I found an NPC village near my house and I was thinking of moving into it but it just looked impractical (too small) and full of mobs attracted to the light. ;)

Blue spiders are p**sing me off, apparently you cure the poison from them with zombie meat :D

Its cool that oyu hold down the button to eat, but why did they remove the render distance button, its annoying to keep going to the menu D:

Yes I saw in the video, administrators will be able to switch to creative mode in their server

They can setup a default gamemode on the server that every new player will be in. Then they can a command to manually set an other gamemode for a player. Both will stay in the same world and the creeper also blows up next to the creative player.

the mines are extremely annoying and a b**ch to find your way out of

Why are you always that negative? There's something new and the first opinion you state about it is negative criticism, without positive aspects.

I for my part have been amazed when testing out the new 1.8 features. I really like the new blocks and items, and my most favourite for now is the fence gate. "It's been a long time...", but finally we got them :). Now I don't have to build regular doors into my fences anymore.

Why are you always that negative? There's something new and the first opinion you state about it is negative criticism, without positive aspects
They are annoying I spent 2 hours running through the corridors trying to find my way out... It's a nice feature that requires a strategy to tackle.

You know that Notch rule that states *DONT DIG UP!!!*

Just disobey it completely!!! Unless you know for a fact there is LAVA above you, you should be safe!!! :P

Same applies for digging down :P. And even in classic mode, as you could dig through the bedrock.

My friend and I just tested out Minecraft while I went on a visit to his house. Man, was I surprised to find out about the leak when I saw him playing it. It was pretty awesome. While I would still prefer to wait up to 1.9.X's release (the entire Adventure Update in general) before I *actually* play the game myself, I got pretty much addicted in my first few hours of testing.

Here's a good list of what we've noted so far about pre-release 1.8.

SPOILER:
1. You no longer spawn on sand in a new world unlike before.

2. Finally, animals are now like...animals. They now fear for their own lives if they get hurt, either by getting hit by our awesome gold sword, or by falling victim to a "floating sand" trap.

3. Killing a cow or chicken with fire doesn't make them drop cooked beef or chicken. Hoping to get this fixed by the actual release. :(

4. Annoying major bug in Survival mode when crafting. I'm sure Jeb and guys have already found this out

5. Endermen -- Officially the ultimate griefers of SSP. Poor trees got griefed in our world.

6. Tiny square particles underwater. Makes the water look dirty, yet more realistic.

7. The abandoned mines are kinda weird. Either a group of endermen griefed the freaking floor, or the unfortunate miners were all chased down and massacred by an army of angry creepers.

8. You can get killed in Creative mode by diving into the Minecraft abyss (the black sparkly void just below the bedrock layer).

9. Liking the new swamp trees. All have vines, while some of which interestingly grow from the shallow water.

10. Our first encounter with silverfish scared the f*ck out of my scoleciphobic friend to the point that they kept him a couple of feet away from the monitor shaking in fear 'till I killed them with a bucket of lava. And this was Creative mode. To be honest, though, they DID look like gigantic worms than the little (non-flesh eating) critters I knew.

11. What I noticed about silvefish spawning: If you happen to like mine a stone block, for example, that takes longer to break than the rest with a pickaxe, or shorter with a fist, that would mean it is infested with a silverfish.

12. The new larger biomes and biome-dividing rivers were awesome. No longer that weird big differences in climates between very near zones.

13. Seems huge mushrooms can only spawn by using bone meal on normal shrooms. Mining a block-piece of them (in Survival mode) would in some chances result to 2-3 normal/tiny versions of it. Sounds like it got a lot easier for us mushroom farmers. So far, there's no naturally occuring ones in a generated world. But I prefer this way, though. No natural huge shrooms. Just these good old tiny shrooms turned unnaturally big using bones from the boney undead. :D

14. F6 / F7 time travel!

Also, in another note, the guys should also make swamp water more distinct from its original counterpart, and desert sand from its beach counterpart. So we can know, apart from the vines, that it's a swamp biome, while in the latter there's no longer that weird 'glitch' where it doesn't rain in beaches.

You didn't really explain No.4 very well

SPOILER:
But is that the bug that means you can't pick up items, that are left on the workbench if you leave while in the middle of crafting. or do you mean another bug?

I think it's the same bug, Orgcon. Look here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known_bu...on_1.8#Crafting

'Ya know, those silverfish can be used for anti-griefing. You can spawn what looks like a stone block with silverfish in it via inventory hacking or commands in SMP. The ID should be 57. Try building your homes with these 'stone' walls, and wait for those f*ckers to break them and get the freaking surprise of their lives. Hope for the best that the walls would spawn a swarm of them for better results.

Extreme bug, when in SMP with friends if they die, the experience orbs they drop lags the server to hell. My friend is usually 100 fps hes 0 fps ._. Try not to die

NOTCH FIX

Well this is the pre-release 1.8. Death causes you to drop all of your experience orbs, which of course lags the game the same way as dropping as much items all at the same time. Notch may either improve the performance or make it so that you don't lose your orbs upon death.

And in case you guys missed it, I made a good list of what my friend and I noted in pre-1.8 so far in our little testing hours ago back in the previous page. :)

Pre Release NUMBER 2 Is out, bug fixes, no more lag with experience orbs :D

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/611324...42#entry8076442

Minecraft.jar: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre2/minecraft.jar

Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_8-pre2/minecraft_server.jar

Edited by TheCoolest2

Sign in to follow this