:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

Minecraft.net is down, and Mojang is at the PAX and they cannot do anything about it

Not for me. Minecraft's site works okay.

In another note, I like the concept of the Silverfish. It's a rare insect Mob (the first of its kind I guess) that pops out of any random block you mine and attacks you once it does. A bit too big for an insect, by the looks of it, and I hope it ain't too random, like there's some sort of pattern or condition to tell if it's likely to spawn. It could be a bit scary at first, making surprise attacks like that, but it could get annoying as you play.

They aren't even spiders. Silverfish or "paramites" are suppose to be no larger than an inch. That thing is as long as a meter.

I agree, but you have to remember a spider is a insect to, yet they are huge in the game, but the spider is thought of a monster, so you wouldn't compare the both

Spiders aren't insects. They're arachnids. :P

Yeah I know, they're suppose to be huge. I'm just emphasizing how big they are. I have had awful experiences with these critters in the past.

A damn cow just stole 255 blocks of TNT off of me as I was about to lay them down around it :( So I just buried my diamond pickaxe into its head! :P

Hmm, the yellow snipet on the title screen is flashing 'Seecret Friday Update' I know they can be randomly chosen but they are tied into Minecraft.net also. One famous one was Notch's birthday.

Fingers crossed :D

Edited by Orgcon

So you're suggesting the Adventure Update would be released in a Friday? (Fingers crossed, too :D)

In another note: Eating raw chicken meat has a 10% chance of giving you Salmonella. Instant poisonous effect, of course. Jeb and the guys should've also considered Trichinosis from raw pork or even unpasteurized milk (lol) but I guess raw chicken / food poisoning would do.

And speaking of food poisoning, why would you wanna eat the "rotten flesh" of a zombie? Still hoping for another purpose for it.

Turn into zombie? O.o

Edit: Lol User at hackforums posted what he wrote to Notch and he replied

DsGDB.png

Edited by TheCoolest2

It seems the Adventure Update will be split into two. Notch said the update's way too big to just have it as one. The first one may possibly be the PAX Prime version, and the second would be the rest of the Update debugged and enhanced, along with the promised Nether updates which I'll also be waiting for.

I'm also hoping to finally buy my own account this week.

I'm willing to make some edits to someones minecraft main menu, like put their name animated in the logo out of a specific block and edit the buttons and add a quit game button, if you want, Just tell me what you want done if you do :D

Edit: I can also edit ingame buttons and the death screen

Edit2: First 3 people to ask get for free, after you must give me something

Edited by TheCoolest2

You're late :P

Edit: Team Velocity's intro is like Lol

Edited by TheCoolest2

Double post but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

While testing the biome code, I started running out of food in the game and started hunting animals. Cows would just stand there, looking at me as I mashed them over and over to get their precious loot, so I figured I’d just make that mechanic a bit more fun. Four lines of code later, and animals now flee randomly after taking damage. Hunting animals suddenly became a lot more fun and morally questionable as pigs would storm off grunting and chicken (or whatever the heck they are) would jump into ravines.

Back to doing some further testing. I was exploring a forest biome, hit upon a river cutting through it, and walked over a small hill. On the other side, a wolf was chasing a sheep, but the sheep was running away. I didn’t have this in mind when I wrote the code to make mobs flee, but it ended up giving me an unexpected experience of having some kind of echo system of competing behaviors in various animals, and it just felt.. nice. It made me realize we should explore more mob to mob interactions, and have more chaotic competing behavior.

And so Notch has finally made the animals flee. Absolutely awesome, especially at the Wolf part.

I'm guessing 1.8 will be released on friday, so long as Jeb fixes the issues found at PAX in time.

Jeb said they "don't release in Fridays". But it could be a sort of reference to the Seecret Friday updates, which they never announce publicly. It may be released this weekend or next week, but either way I'm hoping to play 1.8 after surgery on my wisdom teeth this Tuesday. They say it's gonna hurt. A lot. :mellow:

Edit: Jeb's recent tweet says it might be released this Monday. Another tentative date, though.

Holy carp!!! I really need to keep up with Minecraft mods...

4081b3f874c24b7f2dea591865c22330c37e93d036de347025a349cc44670ca35g.jpg

DL alpha4c: http://www.mediafire.com/?69mcov1b6c8s6xp

Installation;

Open minecraft.jar with winrar

Add the files from 'Mincraft' folder to the .jar

*Delete META-INF*

close.

Copy the 'Shader' folder to the .Bin folder

Enjoy.

*Not all chipsets supported!!!*

Quite possibly the most awesome MC mod ever!! :D :D :D

Edited by Orgcon

LOL. Been testing this mod for awhile now. Though the mod really looks awesome, I still prefer waiting for the (entire) Adventure Update before playing MC again. This is one of few mods I'll be looking forward to after the Update.

And speaking of, I've also asked Necrowizzard about rendering lava, too. He agreed. Can't wait for that, too.

watershader_alpha4.png

I was wondering about Lava myself it does look rubbish in comparison :P

If only I could get the ice blocks to look right now as well, transparency and color is an issue.

And I'm really dissapointed that pre1.8 maps are not compatable (well they are but, they just cause errors) it makes sense though.

I've been playing MC more recently than I have all year, I keep adding things to my current map which is silly of me with 1.8 around the corner, but it looks awesome and is bloody huge. I should really start practicing with MCEdit so I can get the hang of transfering map data from my current map to a newly generated 1.8 map when it comes out. NO WAY IN HELL AM I STARTING AGAIN!!! :lol:

I have tried a few of those mods in that screen but was dissapointed with some of them, then again my entire map is a desert oasis Biome so they didn't really fit in. B)

Edited by Orgcon

1.8 Release date moved to Monday 12th :(

Sign in to follow this