:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Bullseye

Texturing in 3ds max??

Hello there,

I hope I've posted this in the correct section, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I would add the texture images from a dff that was already in game, I used zmodeler a while back and all I had to do was export the images using txd workshop into tga or bmp and import the to zmodeler I've now got 3ds max 9 and I find it to be much more stable just wondering how to apply the "out of the box" textures, I would like to edit an existing car model from VC but the new object I wish to add will also need a new texture, so I need to have the original textures in place so I can what I've got to work with, I tried dragging the textures to the model but they go on wrong (my fault as I don't know how to use it :P ) just wondering if anyone could give me some tips :)

Thanks in advance.

~John~

ps. Please move if posted in the wrong place

Edited by Bullseye

In 3ds Max 9 (and up):

Go to Customize -> Configure User Paths

now in the window that pops up:

Click the External Files Tab -> Add

Then browse to the folder that contains the textures and click a texture file in that folder to add the whole folder. Done!

I just found this tutorial on youtube, its shows how to edit what car colours go where, would it be the same process for VC car models?

The reason I ask is because there isn't any button for VC, only 'SA default'

Thanks in advance.

~John~

Edited by Bullseye

I can never find a VC one :( SA isnt the only GTA game out there people :angry:

Edited by TheCoolest2

I have to agree, I keep getting moaned at (on other sites) that I should carry my mod to the SA engine but tbh I don't really see the point lol..................... anyways I'm sure theres a way to do it I just need to know how....

Edited by Bullseye

I know how to do it though, but i can't explain it, and I have a different version so it might be different

Double post sorry but i suggest to go to gtaforums.com, and look for tutorials, but they might be for SA :/

Is it not the same process for VC then?

Already looked on there they all seem to be SA :(

Edited by Bullseye

I believe its same process I never did SA

Ok then I'll give that a try, its just that I was confused when the tut said "click SA default" but am I right in thinking that, that button means GTA as in all of them?

i have yet to use carcols in vc but i can tell you dont hit the default sa settings button if youre not exporting for sa. sa uses speculars and reflections that others don't. to learn more about carcols i suggest using puma's max to game vehicle tut. although it is written pretty much for sa, you can use it for any of them except IV maybe.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=418143&st=0

BTW, nice dogs. i have one too.

Cheers Trance,

I'll give that a look... :)

thanks for the comment on my Stafford he's a great dog, I see your dog on youtube, she's lovely :)

~John~

Edited by Bullseye

Sign in to follow this