:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Statler

Save Stagate: Universe

stargate-universe-season-2-trailer.jpg

A lot of us here have been long time fans of the Stargate franchise so this will come to a shock to you. Stargate: Universe has been canceled by Syfy Channel because of Nielson ratings. The thing with Nielson ratings is that they are no longer trust worthy. Well full story here.

If you have facebook, please sign this petition:

Stargate: Universe Petition

Make sure to watch on Hulu as much as you can, because Syfy looks at the number of views that gets as well.

Edited by Joe Statler

Ill sign even though i dont watch it just to help people who want to watch it :) Is it good the show?

yes is epic, i like how it goes into some of the sciency stuff more than its predeccessors stays closer to the orginal movie than the 2 different shows did (less mythology more action and more technology).

MGM didn't cancel it, Syfy did. Syfy only makes money off the ads that are shown during the show, and since they changed the schedule to Tuesday that means it's competing against big contenders like NCIS-LA and Dancing With The Stars. This caused their ratings to dwindle. If they had kept it on Fridays with Sanctuary it would have done fine. But no, they just had to put wrestling on the Friday time slot.

Also, they didn't take into account how many people DVR it, watch it on Hulu, and watch it on the Syfy website.

Edited by Joe Statler

well dvrs usually will still count as recordings if they are like sky plus which uses 2 cables to be able to either record 2 things at once or to watch one and record one. being that it will count a being watched since the recording stills needs it to be watched. although i m not sure if it is the same with anytime, but i d say sky isn't that far off what you might have in america because the dude who owns sky also owns fox i think.

Anyone who is interested, call syfy and tell them they suck. (212) 664-4444

Only together, can we overload their phone lines. And if anyone wants to picket in front of their office, here's the address (30 Rockefeller Plaza New York, NY 10112). I wish I lived in NY so I could do that.

The director who handles SGU has a phone number (818) 777-6176. Email - brenda.lowry@nbcuni.com

*BUMP!*

I don't want to get your hopes up too high, but Brad Wright has been banging his drum at MGM, MGM have been 'um-ing' and 'arr-ing' but are definatly 'on-board' if they can get SGU to be picked up, and the FOX network has been with a keen eye, sniffing around.

There might be a tiny chance SGU could be saved by FOX, they took a keen interest in SGA when it first aired and they even showed a few episodes at one point.

So things are looking a little better for the future of SGU, but we won't know anything for sure until internal talks are over, so we are looking at next year till we recieve any sort of answer good or bad... :o

So Happy Proleptical New Year! :D

Edited by Orgcon

Yea, I saw the brad wright was working with MGM with ideas of some how continuing the story whether it be straight to dvd movies, novels, internet episodes, or something else. But I didn't know about the FOX thing. Only problem is that FOX doesn't have a good track record when it comes to Sci-Fi shows that consist of space travel. Look at Firefly for example. But if they do pick it up they need to be smart enough not to make the same mistake Syfy did, and put it in the same timeslot as shows that are ratings hogs.

Edited by Joe Statler

NOOO! Jesus, they left a big hole in the end that needed to be filled. Much the same way that Ark of Truth ended the SG-1 series storyline. If you ask me Continuum didn't even need to be made, although it's still pretty good. The money that went into continuum could have gone to Extinction.

Well this makes me want to do something very bad to someone, but the question is who is at fault. Syfy or MGM? I say Syfy because they caused this whole goddamn predicament.

well, sky 1 is good for stargate considering sky is owned by fox so in many ways that should mean that fox would want to help mgm out considering how many episodes of stargate have been aired on fox. i'd laugh if fox created a new channel called fox sci fi to try and get more spaces for things like sgu.

they'll never go for putting it on a network that's not american. The show was essentially made for american audiences, so...

well fox is american the guy who owns it is austrialian but last time i remeber he has americian citizenship. and fox is the same company as 20th century fox who at one point had the tv distrubution rights for mgm.

Sign in to follow this