Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Best Super Mario game, not 2d sidescroller

Which game do you think is the best Super Mario game BESIDES the original 2D side scrollers:

Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (aka the ORIGINAL Super Mario Bros 2)

Super Mario Bros 3

Super Mario World

What Super Mario game BESIDES the one's listed above would you consider a favorite if the above didn't exist.

Yoshi's Island doesn't count as a Mario Game since it's about Yoshi and his pals. Also not limited to consoles.

My favorites is: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

I've been meaning to play RPG. But, out of the ones I have played I would have to say Mario Kart 64.

i dunno...i cant remember the name of it lol... the only mario game ive ever played. Before ps2`s were on the scene. It wasnt on a ps1 or n64. It was a grey console that took cartridge games but i dunno the name :/

It'd have to be either Super Mario 64 or Paper Mario (1 or 2)

Paper Mario is my favorite non 2d Mario game of course i have not had much chance to play the gamecube ones

TTYD (Paper Mario 2) was the best. Super Paper Mario was terrible.

Hope Paper Mario 3DS will be back to the series roots.

hahaha, some interesting choices here.... Paper Mario? Super Mario 64 is actually my second fav.

as for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, my characters are f***ing powerful!!!

9999.jpg

I think the problem I have with games like that is that like, the damage is SOOO ridiculous. The damage isn't fixed either (as in, it's a set amont each time) and how much health the enemy has, so like, it seems like to me, less strategy is involved when you plan your attack. Even with Final Fantasy IV, I could see my enemy's health bar (or was that FFVI? I don't remember)

In Paper Mario, I know my Hammer does 6 attack, my jump does 3 on each hit, the enemy has 5 health with 3 defense, and can only be hit with aerial attacks. Gives the game a lot more strategizing element to it, in my opinion. I can figure out which Partner is best for the job that is good for a particular role.

Actually 9999 damage is only capable of being dealt by Geno using his Geno Whirl. If you press "Y" right before the disc disappears he can do 9999 damage. Doesn't effect bosses though.

Sign in to follow this