Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Kocher

TV Show reviews

hey guys I don't know if a topic like this has already been made, if so forgive me for my lateness. Any way this topic is about reviewing TV shows and sitcoms. So if there is a tv show you'd like to review or make a comment about make it here.

I'll start with the disney and nick sitcoms. Here goes. In my opinion these tv shows are the worst. They put shame to name sitcom. Remember Family Matters, Full House, and Home Improvement? What made those such great shows? Let me tell you why I though they were great as a kid and even now. It's the relation between the characters and the viewers. We all know that Eddie Winslow was a normal kid of the 90's with regular problems that we can all relate to, but can any of us relate to having a super famous show on the internet, being a rock star, or being a famous person on tv? No, that's why I think Icarly, Hanna Montana, and Sunny with a chance are horrible shows. I could go on and on and on with different shows, but you get my point, those shows are just three simple examples that come to mind. I hope you guys get my point, any way thanks for reading.

Should I change the topic title to "Rant about recent Disney sitcoms"? :P... Yes, they're bad, but you have to be more objective and specific when reviewing.

I think he means for members to make their own reviews of shows they prefer. He made one of his dislike of disney sitcoms as where I would make mine about how great Caprica was even though it got cancelled.

Of course he means that, but I see the post more of a rant instead of an invitation to review one series.

Anyway, if anyone wants to review any TV show, do it here... NAO!

Gargoyles was the sh*t back in the day. Where else can you find disney animation combined with Greek, Norse, English mythology, modern day New York, and Star Trek: TNG actors. I'm just saying, for a disney TV production it's one of the best (along with Duck Tales).

Only reason why I post this: Well, I don't want to see it it end without a valid reason.

Edited by Joe Statler

@Statler, Gargoyles was an awesome show. to bad Disney wont finish the DVD releases for and duck tales.

Maybe you guys should try posting FULL reviews rather than "this show kicks ass" or "This show sucks ass" I'm interested in more than that for a review.

That either requires a talent or a degree in journalism.

well I for one wrote a tiny review, if I can say so myself. I don't have any journalism skill or google.

I don't even call what you wrote a review. I don't have a degree and I did good.

Here's what you pretty much said:

"I hate Disney and Nick sitcoms, the originals like Full House, Family Matters, etc were better".

OK so what is it that makes you hate them so much? The characters? What they are about? The actors? The issues involved with each episode? When you want to right a review, you need to give specifics on what doesn't appeal to you in YOUR OWN WORDS!!! You can't say "I hate it" and not give legit reasons and then call it a review. I watch and read reviews all the time. Just follow the typical style of reviewing and it will come out good.

According to you, a show is automatically horrible if it's about a rock star, a famous person etc etc. That's bulls**t in my opinion. I only see you insulting shows based on nothing.

And another thing, Full House, Family Matters, etc are on Nick@Nite. or used to be, haven't checked in a long time.

And remember, Disney and Nick sitcoms are directed more towards kids younger than you.

Dude you completely missed my point, I don't care if a show is about a rock star or a famous person or what ever, you put words in my mouth. My point was that shows with out relation to the viewers are bad n my opinion. When I was talking about sitcoms I was talking about the ones MADE by the company not aired. So what if those shows are directed to kids? When kids watch these shows they think that the best things in life come when your famous, which is an extremely bad influence on the american society. The whole grasp of reality from kids needs to be better now a days, these shows are making it worse. Even when I was a kid like at 10 years old I thought the sitcoms made by disney and nick were bad, except Drake and Josh, which is one I thought was great and even now I still do. If these shows are really for kids and not for every one, they should show kids not freaken teenagers with relation ship problems every 3 or 4 episodes. Don't even get me started about the teenage actors, they suck too.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

Putting words in your mouth?

but can any of us relate to having a super famous show on the internet, being a rock star, or being a famous person on tv? No, that's why I think Icarly, Hanna Montana, and Sunny with a chance are horrible shows

Dude, I don't care whether you like a show or not, but if you're going to review them, give us more reasons than "not being able to relate to viewers". As of now you are RANTING not reviewing.

Even shows like Hanna Montana have situations everyone's been in. Some just spice it up with more than just family/friends/school issues: Living a double life, being a wizard, having a hit webshow. Sitcoms have expanded to more than we grew up with. No here is what makes your argument invalid:

having an annoying geek coming around all the time which practically NO ONE can relate to. A house falling apart thanks to a stupid person who can't fix it without having idiotic ideas or getting hurt which NO ONE can relate to. I can go on with how your points just don't make sense and contradict each other.

well you know, I did say a little review not a full. btw when I said "but can any of us relate to having a super famous show on the internet, being a rock star, or being a famous person on tv? No, that's why I think Icarly, Hanna Montana, and Sunny with a chance are horrible shows" I was talking about the relation between the viewers and characters. btw when you said "Living a double life, being a wizard, having a hit webshow" now I believe I see things a different way now because of that statement. btw Steve Urcle is a character that's supposed to make you laugh. He's not a character that is suppose to have be a realistic kind of person.

Edited by Mr.Kocher

I know steve urcle is supposed to make you laugh. By what you said it has to be a relation between viewer and the show, so it allows me to prove a point. This is why I mentioned expanding your opinions rather than just limiting them. It closes a lot more for debate ;) leaving it limited just makes it much more debatable and makes your review, however big or small, worthless.

I guess so, btw what do you think of Scott pilgram vs the world? Personally I thought it was bad.

Well I don't recommend it. trust me, unless you read the comics, the first 20 to 30 minutes are all over the place.

Alright break it up here you causing trouble

Nothing Cooolest, just a personal matter with me and Kocher, nothing to concern the law

Tonight everything concerns the law, come on every one turn the music on and have some fun

XD

Everyone just be nice XD

Sign in to follow this