Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Carlos_McFly

My games lags for time lapses

Hi. I have a problem with my games. These lags for time lapses that are increasing. First spend 2 or 4 minutes and then the game starts to lag for 10 seconds - 15 seconds - 20 seconds - etc. My video card worked fine but i was infected by trojan viruses and this problem started.

I have:

-NFS Underground 2

-NFS Most Wanted

-FIFA 08, and of course

-GTA Back to the Future Hill Valley

If you can, please help me.

PC specs would be helpful.

Also, use recent drivers and check CPU temperature.

Translating...

Escribir las características de tu máquina sería útil.

También, usa controladores recientes y revisa la temperatura del CPU.

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.00 GHz

RAM: 1 GB

Video: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Video RAM: 384 MB

Pixel Shader v2.0

No Vertex Shader

Temperature: I will check it tomorrow

So, basically, your VGA card is integrated to the mainboard instead of as an add-in card. That must be it.

Get a better video card.

Translating...

Así que, básicamente, tu tarjeta de video es integrada a la tarjeta madre en vez de ser una tarjeta añadida. Eso debe ser.

Consigue una tarjeta de video mejor.

You may also want to increase your ram, since most integrated cards use your on-board ram for v-ram. For now try using Game Booster before starting a game, and don't forget to defragment your games after you install them (one of the features of Game Booster).

IMO, increasing RAM wouldn't help much since it's still using the CPU for graphics, instead of having a separate GPU.

I'm using now 3d Analyze and Game Booster. I will tell you later what happened. ;)

Seems to be either a virus that is screwing your PC. Or your GPU/CPU is overheating. I had this on my old PC when it would need to be cleaned. Your GPU fan could of died too. This happened at my friends house. His PC would lock up and resume.

i downloaded SpeedFan v4.41 and it says:

Temp1: -55C

Temp2: -2C

Temp3: 36C

HD0: 47C

but what is the temperature of my cpu???

oh and i checked viruses with NOD32 and it says i dont have viruses

Edited by Carlos_McFly

IMO, increasing RAM wouldn't help much since it's still using the CPU for graphics, instead of having a separate GPU.

It can help imo if you upgrade using a faster RAM. In my case, I upgraded from 3 GB PC2-5300 to a 4 GB PC2-6400 dual channel. It sped up a lot of programs.

Temp1: -55C

Temp2: -2C

Temp3: 36C

HD0: 47C

but what is the temperature of my cpu???

"-55ºC"?!, "-2ºC"?!, Either the sensors are not right or you're cooling the CPU with liquid nitrogen.

36ºC is still too cool for a CPU case, so I don't think it's making an accurate reading. Check your fans, change thermal compound, perform preventive maintenance, defragment. I still think the definitive fix is to get a better video card.

@angelo: Could be, but knowing the kind of hardware available here in México, the best solution for gaming is to get an add-in.

get a better video card for me is imposible!!!, im going to wait 5 or 10 years for buy my own computer, when i get a job.

OH!! and i discovered this: FLASH VIDEOS AND GAMES ALSO LAGS LIKE MY OTHER GAMES!!!!

Edited by Carlos_McFly

oh and i checked viruses with NOD32 and it says i dont have viruses

Just because one anti-virus doesn't detect a virus doesn't mean another won't. I can tell you that there have been several times where Malwarebytes has detected a virus after I've already run Avast!.

Edited by Joe Statler

Is it really THAT cold? Try Piriform's Speccy and check the temperatures again.

@angelo: Could be, but knowing the kind of hardware available here in México, the best solution for gaming is to get an add-in.

As you've said, the GPU also relies on the CPU, so CPU upgrading also helps. But in my case, since I'm using a laptop, that's impossible. But I think I'm satisfied with what I have -- 4-shader Intel GPU with 1.8 VRAM, and 4 GB RAM PC2-6400 dual channel. It can play Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on low or medium settings just fine.

Rebooting works for me. Usually.

According to all of the posts, I think this is a virus-related problem. Note that viruses are capable of making your CPU and other hardware operate a lot in making that virus work, thus slowing everything else down and at the same time overheating the hardware.

Try disconnecting from the internet then virus scan. If you noticed that your Windows Explorer is damaged, look for a registry fixer.

IMO, this is unlikely hardware-related. If it is, then the lag should be continuous. And like Carlos_McFly said, his video card was fine until he got the viruses.

hello again!!!

i downloaded malwarebytes' anti-malware. This program detected in my pc 8 threats!!!!

i will check if my games doesn't lag

I CLEANED MY PC 4 TIMES AND THE PROBLEM PERSISTS!!!!!! :(

I HATE MY COMPUTER :ranting2:

Edited by Carlos_McFly

Sign in to follow this