Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

FREE PORTAL ON STEAM!!

OMG! Portal is on Steam for free! Why? Because Steam is on Mac OS X now, so they are releasing Portal for no charge until May 24! Go get your copy before the 24th so you don't have to pay for that amazing game...

*EDIT*

0MG 4W3S0M3!

Edited by Indiana Jones

Either everyone already did or already has bought the game.

10 bucks. Seriously?

Uh, new to me, gonna download it now :D.

EDIT: How long haven't I been online on steam? They changed the whole interface, it looks quite ugly :(.

Edited by Mini-Me

Yeah I got a few days ago too.

I got HL2 Deathmatch and Lost Coast both for free. Later I might get a source game with gmod to play with my friend. Ever heard of Idiots of Garry's Mod? My friend helped make it.

Uhh, that game is awesome :D. I now got till chamber 18 but since I'm stuck there and am tired, I've quit the game for now.

And for those that have succeeded the game quite quickly (like me :D) and would like more fun, here's a mod for that game:

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

See Portal: Prelude for more info.

If you want to use the mod with the free version of portal, you have to install it in the folder "C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\<steamuser>\portal" (where the hl2.exe file is) and either create a shortcut or add the following target to steam's game list:

"C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\<steamuser>\portal\hl2.exe" -game "portal prelude"

Of course remember to replace <steamuser> by your login name at steam and adapt the address if you installed steam somewhere else ;).

Edited by Mini-Me

They actually released it for free cause Portal 2 is on the horizon.

I already liked the official site of the game, but the site of the mod "http://gammaenergy.net/" is sorta better. It mimics the original site, but avoids flash (opens the site to more platforms, like iphone) and uses a lot Javascript instead.

Who wants Apple Earbuds in Team Fortress, but doesn't have access to a Mac, contact me. I'll help. 1 happy customer (PClaws)

Sign in to follow this