Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
the1upDude

Time Travel in Reality

Here's a thought I came up with about time traveling.

When you time travel, regardless if you are in the vacuum of space or on Earth, if you went back (or forward) in time maybe half a year, wouldn't you end up in space, not on Earth?

Think fourth demonsionally!

I mean that unless you travel a couple of hours compared to a week, would you guys think that you would end up maybe at different location on Earth, let alone space?

Example:

You Time Travel at the Prime Meridean, and go forward 12 hours, would you arrive in the Pacific Ocean, nowhere near any continents?

If this has already been posted, please tell me because I don't think this may have been said before.

Edited by the1upDude

it was posted, quite some time ago though.

it depends if the technology one uses to travel in time knows anything about coordinate system. if it doesnt, it wouldnt take more than an hour in future or past to travel, to move you not only in time, but in place too. in worst case youd end up in space, youre lucky if youre still on (or in, which would guarantee quick but painful death) earth.

Well according to Doc, delorean travels through time AND space. If a time machine does taht then when you time travel, you move through space and appear right where you left from.

Well according to Doc, delorean travels through time AND space. If a time machine does taht then when you time travel, you move through space and appear right where you left from.

Are you saying on "right where you left from earth" or are you agreeing with RG?

Note that gravity has actually something to do with bending space and time. According to Albert Einstein himself, massive objects like planets and stars bend spacetime, or "curve" it, creating a funnel around the object that attracts other objects towards it. This curvature, plus the Earth's electromagnetism, makes up our planet's gravity. Time machines can make use of this fact to pinpoint where in space-time the machine would need to pop back on.

Also, if time travel to be real, once again I'm tellin' you guys there shouldn't be such thing as "paradox". Paradox is just a word or a term used by scientist to DISPROVE time travel, as well as the existence of a fourth dimension (the time dimension) that cannot be seen by the naked eye.

I wish I thought of that. Lol

Good point. But still, my mind is still focused on mine. Yours may be or actually is possible, but accounting I don't know much, I think mine makes more sense to me.

Time machines themselves are and should be capable of bending space to achieve time travel (as spacetime is treated as one continuum), so why not allow the time machine to be able to pinpoint where to return? In that case, teleporting devices would need to be invented first before time machines, which means it will take a LONG time. But who knows.

Picture about spacetime curvature, so you guys can get an idea:

Spacetime_curvature.png

Spacetime curvature of a black hole; a curvature that deep is the reason why scientists believe light cannot escape its gravity and time travel may be possible if you get sucked in a black hole without getting "spaghettified" by its strong gravity:

blackhole.jpg

Concept of the wormhole via the spacetime curvature

space_wormhole03_1.jpg

"I think I just might, Verne," Doc said, "It certainly looks like it would work. I want to test this teleportation program before I install it in the train—tonight!"

Teleportation! The idea that the train could move through space as well as time tantalized Doc. Indeed, he had hoped that the DeLorean would have that capability. He had at first thought that it would be a requirement, since the Earth rotates, moves around the sun, and the sun moves around the core of the galaxy. But the gravity of the Earth overwhelms these forces, meaning that the DeLorean—and now the train—stayed rooted in one spot as it traveled through time. To teleport would require a more complex wormhole, one that required so many calculations that the time circuits couldn't perform the task.

I was looking at BTTF Fan Fiction and found this on the first page of a fictional story. Pretty coincidental?

Link: www.FanFiction.net

Even if the time machine couldn't move. Doc could still time travel. He'd be limited to years the earth is in a similar spot. But of course it doesn't solve the possible problem. What if the earth was destroyed? The car or train don't have air tanks and sealed.

Sign in to follow this