Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Rasterwerks

BTTF SA Mini Mod Sound Tweaks

It was suggested when I mentioned my sound edits in the shoutbox that I post a video of the tweaks I made to the sounds for the San Andreas mini mod. So without further ado:

Edited by Rasterwerks

those new sounds are awesome :D

Thank you. :3

I also forgot to mention that they are a teensy bit quieter than the stock sounds...I was a tad annoyed that the sparks SFX was so much loader than the game volume, so I would have to turn it down so as not to hurt my ears (I usually wear my headphones) but then the rest of the game was too soft. This evens things out a bit.

lol, thats because it was so soft in VC that the volume had to be higher.

If you need somebody to go back and remix the sounds you know where to find me.

...well...actually, you don't, but you get my point.

up to Mike. I only take the sounds and insert them.

Right-o, if Mike wants my assistance, my sound editing skills (what little there is of them) are at his disposal.

In my opinion, the original SFXs are better. However, I did "tweaked" mine as well.

I combined most of the Crysis BTTF sounds and some Sci-Fi SFXs I found at Google with the original. They sound epic for me.

The only sound that didn't annoy my ears was the WH entry sound that sounded like lightning.

I'll pass thanks! ;)

I never had SA installed, that's why the sounds weren't rebalanced for SA. Plus, no one really ask me to do it. So I didn't know SA didn't fail with the volume.

@Rasterwerks

have you ever posted a link before to download your sounds?

I'm interested in them :)

-Shizuma-

Edited by 88milesperhour!

@Rasterwerks

have you ever posted a link before to download your sounds?

I'm interested in them :)

-Shizuma-

Not quite yet...I'm working on equalizing the volume for all the sound effects. And after review the second two movies I've decided to make a couple more tweaks.

Namely redoing the re-entry explosions to sound like that of the BTTF3 DeLo as it reappears on the "Eastwood Ravine" bridge.

@Rasterwerks: Don't do those re-entry sounds, plz.The only reason I say not to it because those re-entry explosions only sound like that because of the echo on the bridge...

That sound wouldn't even sync up with the games explosion sequence.

Actually I already made up a couple of sounds, one with those sounds by themself, and one overlaying my first edit of the re-entry sound. They sync with the explosions almost perfectly.

...and when I do post these for download I'm going to include the different variations, so provided people back up their stuff before trying the sounds out, they can switch between them and use what they like best.

Volume Equalization- Not perfect but complete...for now.

SFX- All the ones that I want done are done, or at least I'm too lazy to work on the rest at this point.

I have finals next week so I probably won't get them available till next weekend. There are currently 3 different iterations of the Sparks sound effect and 4 iterations of the re-entry effect...one of which is the one in the above video...that actually goes for the spark effect too.

They won't sync up correctly because of peoples different PCs. Animation will go faster on good PCs and slower on bad ones. If your PC is on the crap side. The sounds will trigger earlier and get cut off, for people on good ones. Plus, the default SFX length time, in the SCM, can cause problems too. So be careful. Unless SA functions different to VC.

Edited by archer9234

On my PC, the sound played and the anim was done after 3 more seconds. Yeah, mine is crappier than most PCs

They won't sync up correctly because of peoples different PCs. Animation will go faster on good PCs and slower on bad ones. If your PC is on the crap side. The sounds will trigger earlier and get cut off, for people on good ones. Plus, the default SFX length time, in the SCM, can cause problems too. So be careful. Unless SA functions different to VC.

I'm not quite sure I understand what your getting at here...what your saying would hold true for any sound used for the re-entry effect, including the one that comes default with the mod.

...now if there was something in the sound files that made the game crash or some-such, then that would be cause for concern.

The only "issue" that I've encountered when editing the sounds was when I wanted to include the sound of the plutonium meters coming online, the time restriction in the SCM cut the sound off before hearing that part of it...but it hasn't caused any problems.

...and while I can't cater to each individual case, I suppose I could whip up a version for slower machines that has blank noise in the mp3 file before the actual sound plays, that would force a delay and perhaps help with syncing a bit. But I would need detailed input from those who have low end machines that want to use these sounds.

On my PC, the sound played and the anim was done after 3 more seconds. Yeah, mine is crappier than most PCs

...and your using the default sound pack I'm assuming. Which demonstrates my previous point.

Sign in to follow this