Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

Delorean Effects questions

i'm thinking different materials for the wheels because those sparks were absent from the railroad delorean, which rules out lightning and age.

Just spitballin here but what if it was because the DeLorean had been dormant for all those that it was...like......not used to doing whatever it does during time travel, because I know if you leave a tesla coil sit dormant for to long, it'll do some freaky s**t the first time you use it, but it'll go back to operating normally after that.

Movie accuracy minus the accurate time traveling :P (what I mean by that is the speeds at which temporal displacement starts :P) But one thing I always thought was this:

the BTTF 1/2 deloreans started at 88 as it was originally planned because doc built it that way.

the bttf 3 delorean started at about 60 due to using parts from 1955 to allow time travel again.

the RR delorean started at about 84 because of it being pushed to 88.

As for the effect differences for the RR Del and the BTTF 3 del, the RR del wasn't time traveling under it's own power. The delorean always ran on gasoline and the time circuits were powered by mr fusion. Maybe they somehow worked together to time travel. the RR del had no gasoline so Mr Fusion worked alone for temporal displacement.

Which brings me to this: if time traveling caused the delorean to freeze, wouldn't that bring the possibility that the BTTF 1 delorean kept stalling because it froze and or damaged the gas line? And Mr Fusion could have solved that issue right?

but you're wrong about bttf1/2. Whenever there was an interior shot of time travelling, the delorean always time traveled the moment it hit 88. The only time the effects showed at 88 was during the r/c scene (but no speedometer reference beside the delorean) and at the clocktower scene, but that can be written off due to lack of plutonium.

The speeds were way too ambiguous, so we had to make a compromise. I used the interior shots of time travelling as a basis, since the speed was shown at the same time as the delorean, so thats why effects never kick in at 88.

Same deal with the bttf2 flying model. There were a few in the movies. We based ours around the miniature/cg model, while the full scale fiberglass model had different bottom lights and wheels.

True. But the only interior shot we saw was of the BTTF 2 del in the air. But since the flying del was possibly jet propelled, the acceleration of the delorean was probably fast enough to speed up temporal displacement though right?

No because at 36:52:00, the delorean was at 66 mph.

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=221200&p=2

At 36:55:25, the delorean was at 88 mph

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=221525&p=2

It took 3.25 seconds for the delorean to accelerate from 66 to 88. Thats not exactly fast acceleration.

yea but the driving delorean had an acceleration of 0 - 60 in 12 seconds. According to those shots 3.25 seconds had a speed increase of 22 mph. while driving the delorean would have only about 15 MPH at that time. though a small increase in 3.25 seconds when you look at the big picture:

Driving: 60 MPH in 12 seconds

Flying: 88 MPH in 12 seconds

still a decent increase in speed. Might not have as much of an effect as it did in the movie, but it would have some.

Yea but, that was a few months ago. I argued about the BTTF 1 and 2 del though. I was complaining that the mod wasn't accurate enough. And you said sacrifices had to be made, I wouldn't listen, and ended up b**ching everyone out and almost made you leave again.

That was about why the flying BTTF 2 delorean had a faster temporal displacement then the driving deloreans. Actually I think I'm confusing myself.

but at the beginning, the effects kicked in at 107:10:75

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...x.php?cs=643075

and ended at 107:12:75

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...p;s=12&q=75

so thats 2 seconds. Using the same values from later in the 2nd movie, the effects should have kicked in at around 75 mph.

22/3.25 = 6.7 mph/s

6.7 mph/s* 2 = 13.4 mph

88 - 13.4 = 75 (74.6) mph.

Note: I'm not using bttf2 because it cut to biff. I wanted a single uncut scene.

lol. eh, i'm done here, you can argue other stuff now, but i'm keeping the way the stuff works in theory as it is. I'm still not set on starting values, and I might lower it so you get more eyecandy.

I'm already lowering the acceleration for the delorean in SA and making it a bit more tail happy.

I'm not asking for you to change anything. The argument I made on the effects was basically a response to what you said about the differences between the BTTF 3 and RR Dels. Mostly about lightning and aging and the wheel effects not being present on the RR del.

I say use a basic explanation. The sparks change by tires used. Disappear if they touch metal. Could be a safety feature.

Edited by archer9234

I must admit, once it gets to the stage where the other DeLoreans are added to SA, it would be nice to see the effects on the BTTF III DeLorean (white wall tyre version) to start at 60. Plus as blue said, it's more eye candy.

Sign in to follow this