Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

Sci-Fi Sound Effects

Can someone help me find some decent/cool/epic Sci-Fi sound effects? A site, a link, etc.? I'm specifically looking for an alternative for BTTF's implosion/re-entry explosion sounds, like Crysis BTTF mod's (if any of you guys can rip the SFX for me or help me rip it since I do have Crysis, it'd be nice). No, I'm not planning to replace the SA BTTF mod's WAVs with it. I need it for something else that I'm working on.

I tried looking at Crysis' game files, and I found in the Sounds.pak that they're using the .FSB format, which I'm unfamiliar of. Tried searching for an ".FSB player" and found a player named "Music Player Ex", which I have no idea on how to use it.

EDIT: Never mind. Got it working. And by the looks of it, it would take me some time to find the right SFXs. Each FSB file has more than 70 SFXs each. Well on the bright side at least I have tons to choose from, unlike the crappy ones I found at Google.

So far I found the implosion/explosion sounds, which are the 121st, 122nd and 123rd ones in the physics_explosions.fsb, 122nd being the one used by the Crysis BTTF mod. They all perfectly fit for the re-entry explosion.

If you guys find any site containing decent SFXs, like perhaps SFXs from Sci-Fi movies like Simon Wells' Time Machine, Star Trek or Stargate, providing links would be awesome.

Have you even tried a search? I found some sites straight away, although they were pretty lame the ones I found. But I was only looking for a few secs. ;)

Stargate sounds (it even has a flash demo of the defcon lvls); http://www.bbhosts.net/stargate/

Thats as far as I got. :P

Edited by Orgcon

I'm now currently looking for a sonic boom SFX. It should be similar to BTTF's sonic booms, not the lengthy ones you hear from aircraft going supersonic.

Sign in to follow this