:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

What if you have the power to manipulate time?

OR you can travel to the far future, kidnap the smartest biologist (or team of biologists) there, force him/them to create a sort of virus capable of turning someone to a vampire or vampire-like dude, take that virus and give it to your past self.

When it comes to these kinds of stuff, you have to be a bit more creative. :P

Well... No, I know you're right, but I don't want to be my past self, I was ugly back then.

My point was if you use Prince of Persia-style travel, you can travel back to the future and benefit from the changes you made. Like iMaster and others here said before, altering history by influencing your past self or the like (as a separate person) would create an alternate timeline. Yes, you can indeed influence your past self without causing a paradox, but if you travel back to the future, it won't no longer be your future. An alternate present you will exist in your place, benefiting from the changes you made, while you, now an outsider of time, benefit from nothing.

oh yeah that's true... Well then I have to do what I did a month ago, so I would look better. Hmm you're right. I only forgotten, it's already late here :P. Must be a bit sleepy :P

you have got to be one fo the slowest people i have ever met...

everyone has problems. yours arent any more drastic or painful, the difference is that rather than taking some f***ing action and solving it yourself you sit around moping and complaining about it waiting for somone to fix everything for you. everyone else has their own crap to deal with that is probably ALOT more stressful than any bad breakups or inability to talk to girls that you've experienced... and i thought people were supposed to be at least remotely mature by the time they reached 17...

this is TIME MANIPULATION. think about the possibilities you could do nearly ANYTHING. vampires arent real and if they were they would be ALOT more hard core than the frail sparkly little wimps in twilight. twilight is the WORST vampire story EVER. its even worse than blade trinity. go read darren shan

mods if i went too far then feel free to edit my post.. or tell me too

Edited by EarthwormJim

I think you're fine :P Now that you mentioned Twilight. How the f**k can a vampire be a vegetarian when it sucks the blood of animals? that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

as for you EMO, if I hear about your "problems" one more time I'm going to go through this computer screen and kick you're pitty-me ass!!! Everyone has problems worse then yours. I swear to god I have heard you mention this "past-self" of yours in every single damn reply you have ever posted. Enough is enough. We don't feel sorry for you. Get over yourself :P

Well there are those that actually can't be in sunlight so maybe that's where the story of vampires came from with a major blood sucking twist added.

@DK: Have you tried watching that video I posted, DK? :P

@EWJ: Please, stop comparing Twilight with works like Underworld or Blade Trinity. Yes, it's a vampire book, but it's not action / action-horror / horror like the rest to begin with. It's (young adult) romance.

Before you guys argue any further, note that romance-genre novels, if they were to have stuff of fantasy included, shouldn't have too much of it, and should be minimized as much as possible, or, for the best, it should be made in a way that it would suit the main element of the novel (romance), which is exactly what Stephanie Meyer did in her work. Too much fantasy, and the whole romance would look fantasy or BE fantasy, therefore the novel won't no longer be considered a romance-genre novel, or even close.

she could have used somthing completely different rather than completely runing the next generations interpretation of vampires. seriously in 30 years EVERY vampire os gonna sparkle and its all her fault. why couldnt she call them somthing else? i mean lets face it, the characters in twilight ARE NOT vampires. they dont die in sunlight, they each have individual super powers, they dont require human blood to survive. theyr some new mythical creature stephanie meyer came up with.

also the books are really REALLY poorly written, the movies are badly scripted, badly shot, and contains worse acting than american pie band camp. there is nothing worthwhile about the twilight saga, the only reason its so popular is because its picked up by soppy 12 year old hannah montanna fans whos literary experience consists of harry potter and picture books from their school library.

hey EMO i have an idea, if you think your problems are so much worse than everyone elses why dont you tell us what they are so we can give you a reality check.

and dont try and pin this on a deceased or dying friend or relative, because even if that HAS happened it has nothing to do with anything youv been talking about, everything youv complained about has been romance/appearance/personally related, meaning its all been about you not somthing thats happened to people around you.

everyone goes through bad breakups, everyone gets regected at least once. dont cry about it just move on "but moving on is so hard because i love (insert name here) so much blablabla" get over yourself, your only 17 theres an entire life ahead of you, if you make an effort to sort your s**t out then you will succeed.

its simple

True, and that's the reason why no one ever tried a vampire-romance book before. So far, no one, even critics, aside from you fans of vampire-based works, has ever complained about it. This is the whole difficulty when mixing fantasy with romance. Even Kirkus, the only critics/reviewer group that gave it a mixed review, all others being positive, noted that it's far from perfect.

The thing is, vampires are a thing of myth, therefore they can take many forms in myth, pretty much like the rest. Mind you that Stephanie's vampires ain't the first that that can survive under sunlight, or are immortals and don't require human blood to survive because it's some curse that they're urged to drink blood. And you're just blaming it all to her alone. The traits/characteristics you're describing about the vampire is the the common or well-known ones, but never the only interpretation of vampires.

there is nothing worthwhile about the twilight saga, the only reason its so popular is because its picked up by soppy 12 year old hannah montanna fans whos literary experience consists of harry potter and picture books from their school library.

Would also call those critics as "soppy 12-year old Hannah Montana Fans", too? I know a lot of people here in my country that hates Harry Potter, loves b**ching Hannah Montana to hell, but loves the Twilight series. Seriously, you know little about these types of books, or are not used to reading them. You'd wonder why it's called a young adult romance book.

Anyways, now that Christmas is coming (or it's already Christmas for some), do you guys have any ideas for this topic in regards to Christmas? I'm now re-considering Shadow of Destiny 2. 'Cuz it's mostly about a life of a time traveler, I would need a LOT of ideas.

You don't say. When I first watched Twilight for a movie review at the theater (requested by a co-member at our junior critics club), I observed 70% of the men who watched there watched because of Kristen Stewart, 25% just convinced by their girlfriends to watch with them, and 5% real Twilight fans/readers.

I know.

Speaking of which, for those X-Men fans you can't get the whole concept of multiple timelines/universes theory, refer to "Days of Future Past", especially the end where future Kitty finally achieved her goal and traveled back to the future, only to find out that the future she's in remains the same despite her success.

Which reminds me -- was there a mutant in the X-Men series that had the power to manipulate time?

It was second movie, and he also did that in the beginning of the film when students showed off their powers.

Professor X can't freeze time. He just telepathically makes it look like time is frozen in those situations.

I'm referring to time manipulation power like being able to freeze or slow down time while still being able to move around in normal speed.

id just like to poj t out when i make outrageous generalisations about things i dont mean it to the letter. i know there are exceptions but im just trying to make a point.

also its kinda funny

Sign in to follow this