Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Adding map models to VC?

Although i have obviously done it a million times to SA. Besides the obvious like on dff export it should be set to VC and in txd workshop it should also be set to VC, what else should i know? What col format is best for VC? I use 3dmax w/kam scripts, colledtitor 2, and txd workshop.

I've tried already but it crashes halfway through loading which leads me to believe its the col file. any input for me guys?

Also, i use col io 2b. is that ok?

Edited by trancelikestate

i realize its kind of a stupid question, but no one??

yeah, thats what i assumed and tried it, but it still crashes.

if i said i was trying to make some rail road tracks, would anyone help?

how to help me?

i just need to know whats getting messed up in conversion.

sweet thanks, but i cant seem to find it. :P

all the links are broken.

I have been researching on the Internet and create maps, models and found this:

EDITOR OF MAPS

With a map editor as MED, Moo Mapper KED or modified existing maps of the GTA San Andreas, Vice City or GTA3 (Liberty City). This program can be used

looking to change any of the cities of san andreas or vice city or liberty city.

With this tool are modified by adding new cities such as ramps, or buildings or even cities and islands, is relatively easy just have to put the game 3d elements like trees, buildings, street lights, etc.. wherever you want.

To add new elements that are not in the game and to create something like the mod of the Statue of Liberty you must first create the objects in 3d max or gmax or ZModeler and find numbers (IDS) available for allocation to each object in the file. IDE, gta bad that each has occupied almost every available ids and only a few objects you can add to the game, do something like join or vice city liberty city to san andreas is something like a miracle almost impossible but there are people with advanced knowledge in modding working on it, but it is a titanic task that takes years to a team of people.

I found this tutorial on taringa

thnx dany, but i def already know that. ;) i convert objects to SA all the time, just never have for VC.

which is kinda why i'm confused that something that should be simple, eludes me :P

alot of times downgrading is more difficult than upgrading, especially when it comes to OS's

yeah, well i have made a new col file in zmod, and it still crashes. i made the dff in max, and i dont think thats it. could it be txd workshop? i may try vice txd.

that sucks haha. i cant even add the 3 files to the gta img without it crashing,

are you trying to add it to the .txd or the img. What I do is open the txd in txd workshop, replace the images, save, and replace the txd with the original in IMG TOOL.

i'm just trying to get the model to not crash the game. if you say txd workshop works good then its not the txd. i dont know what it is.

how do i get this dev console to tell me what crashes it? i found a copy.

93512671.pngThis is also the message that comes up.

no, but maybe i should. its 17,000 polys. is that too much?

ok, so col files in vice city are put in the maps folder, not the gta 3. but now moomapper doesnt work for me. it goes toload, and says retrieving path, then nothing happens.

Sign in to follow this