Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Preservation

Not the car as such, just all the original BTTF added-on bits that were from the 'A' car and then used on the 'B' car. When it is stripped and the bits are safely stored away, the empty car will probably sent back to the DMC if they want it :o He said he wasn't really interested in restoring it considering the condition the car is in after 10-15 years on display and in the junkyard, I wouldn't expect the chassis to be in any salvagable condition :(

Wrong, the two cars were completely separate. I.E.

The B car might be doing the clocktower scene while the A car might be at the mall. The B car bits were what you saw during the train collision, but the A car was still whole at that time until after the movies, where it was eventually stripped. Parts of it were then used on Jay Ohgberg's replica, as well as some B car parts. Not to say some parts weren't exchanged, but for the whole part, you can tell the difference between both cars.

Too bad Gary's still an idiot.

This is referring to the 55ers, who didn't even respond to him.

That's them Mike.

I'd like to clarify something that was brought up in another forum. Since I was secretly banned from there - I'll just say it here.

I didn't use a single page of anyone's notes or info to find these. I found them through digging through a TON of hoses at Norton and coming across a label that told me a bit more about the manufacturer than I had already. Most likely the same exact way they did.

The ONLY thing that the hose makers corrected me on was my overall length of hose. I was off by a whole 1/4". Had the actual hoses still been on the car, I'm sure I too would have been able to have "perfect" replicas. Just bad timing on my part I suppose.

Personally, I think they are more upset that their "$300 or more a set" hoses cost me $60 less. From the same guys happy to bash anyone making a "profit" I throught the price quoted to me was rather suprising.

Regarding any other allegations of wrong-doing being brought up about me - they can suck it. I had an excellent trip. Even more so without having to deal with certain faction's BS and politics. Just on my own doing what I do best, finding parts and making positive connections in the hobby.

All that being said, it was great to get home and be with the family after 5 days. I have a ton to be thankful for this upcoming holiday season - and I'm not talking about Time Machine parts.

-Gary

hmmm, why can't both sides just let this crap lie in the past.

What is it they say about arguing on the internet? ;)

Looks like the topic was closed...

Ah, now I see why, looks like the thread was "tidied" :D

Edited by Mike

Sign in to follow this