Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

Flux Capacitor Glow?

There used to be a flux capacitor glow during temporal displacement, but it was removed a while later in 0.2d maybe, Why not re-add it?

Cause it looked like crap through the windshield. At least that's the reason I remember blue (or someone else) saying a long, long time ago.

I don't remember that ever being in the mod. If you are thinking it was in because of the first time travel experiment video, I believe the flux glow was added post production.

It was never in the mod, the Glow was done to add effect AFTER the vid was shot, with the windshield in place on the DeLorean you wouldn't be able to see anything glowing inside, Blue toyed with the idea of using coronas to make it glow, but the only thing that worked glowed from below the Flux to above the Wormhole Emitter, and you could only see it with the door open. It's the same reason why you cant see the Wormhole if you FPV Mode on in Camhack.

There was a slight modifications on the DeLoreans that made a Carcol change to certain area of the capacitor when hitting 80, but was scrapped because it looked awful.

Yeah, time travel to 1:21 AM and get out of the car (leaving the door up) then look inside, you will see the flux capacitor is lit up.

Sign in to follow this