Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mini-Me

The Grand Theft Auto franchise

Grand Theft Auto  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which game had the best storytelling yet?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto: London 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto IV (w/ or w/o "The lost and Damned" DLC)
    • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (available for Nintendo DS, coming October '09 for PSP and Fall '09 for iPod/iPhone)
  2. 2. Which game's map did you like the most?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III/Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City/Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (available for Nintendo DS, coming October '09 for PSP and Fall '09 for iPod/iPhone)
  3. 3. Which game do you like the most due to its engine/physics/modifiability?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Hi guys,

this probably is the biggest poll that's ever been made over here ;) and I hope to get your true answers.

As you can read above, I want to know which Grand Theft Auto game yet has earned the title of "your favorite version", categorized in three questions (if IP.B allowed more, I think I had done more :D.).

For the second question I merged GTA III with GTA: LCS and GTA: VC with GTA: VCS since their maps are mostly the same, nearly the same goes to GTA IV and GTA IV "The Lost and Damned".

I myself begin to like the San Andreas engine the most with its physics, handlings and features - I know you might want to interrupt me pointing at IV, but it had many features I knew from SA removed to "keep space" for the high res graphics AND an other aspect why I prefer SA is because of it being more low spec friendly ;) - whereas I prefer GTA III's Liberty City a little more than San Andreas, maybe 'cause LC is newer to me :D. Concerning the storytelling I really couldn't make a decision yet since I only know parts of every game's story beginning with III, so I picked SA since I know its story the most.

But enough talking of me, what are your thoughts?

Edited by Mini-Me
GTA: China Town Wars will be coming October '09 for PSP and Fall '09 for iPod/iPhone

Couldn't really decide about storyline, so voted for VC, as for map - SA FTW, since it has a version of LA, San Francisco and Las Vegas in it :P And 3rd - I like GTA: San Andreas the most of all because it supports low specs and great graphics at a time. It's also most moddable in my opinion

Edited by -RG-

GTA4 for the storytelling. GTA:VC's story is epic, but not as great as or greater than GTA4's, and GTA:SA features a coward African-American. All else are just fine.

GTA:SA for the map (the large size and more roam-able space, of course; what's a sandbox game without free-roam and huge roam-able space?).

And GTA:SA for the 3rd. GTA4 has better physics and all, but modding a next-gen game like GTA4 makes me wanna think I'll need a much better PC for it to run any decent mod. This, plus GTA4's need for high-end PC specs and GTA:SA's engine being less of a resource hog and being very simple that we won't need anything very costly to experience the fun of sandbox gaming, makes GTA:SA's engine in many ways better than GTA4's.

PSP is getting Chinatown Wars. So fix that.

Not only PSP is getting Chinatown Wars ^_^

Edited by RGi

lol, wanted to say the same :D.

Added these releases above ;).

Tough one i mean there all good in there own way ,but i would have to say vc the story the music and the graphics just all hit the spot for me it just seemed more colourful ,but sa is a close second with map size and more vehicles ,and gta4 was a big let down for me ,ok if you like flush graphics then fine but they took a lot of thing away which i really liked in the other games namely vehicles it just didn't feel as good just driving around and exploring .

Yup, that's true. How I see it, IV only is R*'s tribute to the HD-games section, to feed fans of this "genre".

I personally - as I already said - like III's map, Liberty City, more than Vice City. It is just too flat to my mind :(. No tunnels, no railway, no big bridge... nothing real special. San Andreas simply lost 'cause that map already was old to me. As far as I can remember, I was real interested in seeing more from the Liberty City that you go to in a mission of SA, so I googled a bit, downloaded and played the mod GTA:LC. That again made we want to take a look at the original game, so I got GTA III :).

I didnt really like the sa storyline I find it repetitive as it just turns into a sort of "go to this house kill some guys escape cops" thing. Though i think the map is awesome with the varied landscapes and vehicles. Vice city had the best story line in my opinion as it's focus was made clear from the begging unlike sa's "I think im gonna stay". I never really followed gta3's to well either. I do this vice city's map is a little boring as there isn't much variety.

Sign in to follow this