Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

bttf sa 0.1.2 Help

I have been using the 0.1.1 bttf sa mod for a while now with no problems ,but just installed the 0.1.2 and whenever i try to hover by pressing the - key the game just crashes any ideas ,i have also made sure to take out my old cleo folder and cleo asi before installing the new one

I have been using the 0.1.1 bttf sa mod for a while now with no problems ,but just installed the 0.1.2 and whenever i try to hover by pressing the - key the game just crashes any ideas ,i have also made sure to take out my old cleo folder and cleo asi before installing the new one

Install a fresh copy of San Andreas and then install the mod again, that should fix it.

Did you rebuild gta3.img?

If that doesn't work, check the install log and look for any errors, post the log here if required, it will be in your SA directory as install_log.txt

Ok i uninstalled and started again then ran the 0.1.2 setup again and i still get the same problem everything else is fine the spawn and time circuits but as soon as i press - the game just crashes here's my install log-

SPOILER:
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

Extract: IMGTool.exe

Extract: vorbishooked.dll

Extract: vorbisFile.dll

Extract: GTA_SA.EXE... 100%

Extract: cleo.asi

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\BTTF_ReadMe

Extract: english-readme.rtf

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\cleo\audio

Extract: boost.mp3

Extract: hover_off.mp3

Extract: hover_on.mp3

Extract: input_enter.mp3

Extract: input_key.mp3

Extract: input_off.mp3

Extract: input_on.mp3

Extract: time_travel.mp3

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\cleo\cleo_text

Extract: bttf.fxt

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\cleo

Extract: date.cs

Extract: draw.cs

Extract: GxtHook.cleo

Extract: keypad.cs

Extract: plane.cs

Extract: spawn.cs

Extract: speed.cs

Extract: timecircuits.cs

Extract: timetravel.cs

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data

Extract: carcols.dat

Extract: gta.dat

Extract: handling.cfg

Extract: vehicles.ide

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\maps\animation

Extract: animation.IDE

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script

Extract: main.scm

Extract: script.img

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models

Extract: fonts.txd

Output folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img

Extract: animation.col

Extract: bullet.dff

Extract: bullet.txd

Extract: d_strut_b.dff

Extract: d_strut_l.dff

Extract: d_strut_r.dff

Extract: d_wheel_l.dff

Extract: d_wheel_r.dff

Extract: sparrow.dff

Extract: sparrow.txd

Extract: img.exe

Extract: script.bat

Spark Console (1.0.0)

by Arushan (oneforaru@gmail.com)

Opened gta3.img successfully.

Imported new file: animation.col

Warning: File bullet.dff already exists in archive, overwriting it.

Imported new file: bullet.dff

Warning: File bullet.txd already exists in archive, overwriting it.

Imported new file: bullet.txd

Imported new file: d_strut_b.dff

Imported new file: d_strut_l.dff

Imported new file: d_strut_r.dff

Imported new file: d_wheel_l.dff

Imported new file: d_wheel_r.dff

Warning: File sparrow.dff already exists in archive, overwriting it.

Imported new file: sparrow.dff

Warning: File sparrow.txd already exists in archive, overwriting it.

Imported new file: sparrow.txd

Archive saved

Archive closed

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\img.exe

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\script.bat

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\animation.col

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\bullet.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\bullet.txd

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\d_strut_b.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\d_strut_l.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\d_strut_r.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\d_wheel_l.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\d_wheel_r.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\sparrow.dff

Delete file: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\sparrow.txd

Remove folder: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models\addtogta3img\

If nothing can be done i will just put the 0.1.1 back on ,but thanks for the help anyway.And yes i did rebuild the gta3.img file.(another quick edit)Without trying to come across stupid because i don't really know much about all this stuff but i noticed the fly.cs file is not in the new version and wondering if that had anything to do with the problem

Edited by Mini-Me
long text hidden

fly's been integrated into timetravel.cs

I think i have a serious lack of knowledge ,iv got it working but only if i run the gta.exe as admin which i didn't have to do with the old one but whats strange is even though i uninstalled gta sa and deleted the guts from programme files and user data from documents then installed it again then run gta as normal an old player skin i used is still there and i think there must be something conflicting and it crashes , but if i run in admin normal cj is there and the mod works fine.nice animation by the way ,and i dont mean to complain because i understand it must have taken a lot of work but when im flying and press space for boost the vents just fill with a block of a colour

ahh, the vents are just temporary.

Yeah, running as admin does help. I think it blocks some stuff or something. Might have to do with cleo loading some models.

ok just wanted to make sure ,also iv tried using the location.cs as well and it doesn't seem to work are they not compatible with each other?

Ok thanks for the help i'll just enjoy messing around with the new version cheers and keep up the good.

ok. I found another bug, the game crashes if you try to buy clothes. the door of the changing room is replaced by a chair... O.o

That issue will be fixed in the next release.

Yeah, Mike didn't tell me we were replacing fonts.txd....

It was aligned using the original SA font.

And I guess adding the delorean objects moved the offset of the standard SA objects.

So moving the DeLorean models to the end of the define object list would solve that.

Well, I was working with a stripped script, so it didn't have all those objects. So I didn't have to redo everything, I just stuck all the objects at the top of the list, since I assumed the scm would be using stuff like #OBJECT, which cleo cannot.

Guess I was wrong huh.

As far as I know, on compilation the #-IDs are replaced by the numeric ones :P.

but on decompilation, its replaced by the model names, which are then replaced by the new ids when its recompiled. Its for this reason that the vc mod didn't go haywire when I took out a bunch of objects.

It works for the most part.....but not for assigning model names to variables.

Precisely.

Just tested it and works fine, that's why I was wondering why it wouldn't work :D.

An other thing that cam to my mind when TTing behind the Brown Streak:

Some when you need to find a workaround to also get that removed from the tracks ;). Same most likely applies for planes...

Sign in to follow this