:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Samsung N110 netbook - (this should run the mod right?)

Ok heres the thing, I am looking at getting a netbook to take with my while I am travelling, my XPS is just to big and heavy to be carrying round everywhere.

I've been looking round for a while and am now looking at getting the Samsung N110. It has a 1.6ghz Intel Atom processor - which is supposedly the equivalent of the early Pentium 4 1.6 processor. Although not my main concern, it would be nice to be able to run the mod on it, I have the mod running on an old HP NC6220 laptop (1.8ghz, 2gb ram, integrated graphics).

The Samsung N110 ships with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, so my question is, does anybody currently run the mod using the GMA 950? If so, what's the performance like?

I don't mind a little slow down in the animations so long as it's playable.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/...&fullspec=F

i THINK my old laptop had a 945GM and it ran the mod ok. the GMA 950 should do it better right?

EDIT: looked into it further and the 945GM was the display adaptor, the actual GPU itself was the GMA 950 so yeah that card will run it. i also had 512mb of RAM and a 1.6ghz dual core. it ran ok on medium settings i think, though that was earlier versions of the mod, it started to slow when we got all the new cars in.

My grand dad uses that laptop, only his has a Via Nano 1.3Ghz processor. It is a good machine.

Anything's better than Asus.

Oh we would. Someone else would've done it. Acer, HP, Samsung, Lenovo, heck, maybe even Apple, but there still would be netbooks. Why I know? Ever had one of those crazy ideas, like having wireless leashes for dogs, but you never get around making one? Then bam, the next week an electric collar comes out. Plus, if it wasn't for Microsoft AND Asus, I wouldn't have switched to Apple.

Edited by  iPro

i know this is off topic but proton judging by your new avatar youv either found the 4chan archive, imagechan, ED or a remnant of /b/

amirite?

Nah, Osaka sent me a smiley and I copied it :P

It's my hand.

That laptop looks ok, I think, but expect lags and stuff still. I have Intel 946GZ (256 shared VRAM and 2 GB RAM), which belongs to the 3000 series (the 945 one belongs to the 900 series), and I still encounter lags, but it's playable.

Oh we would. Someone else would've done it. Acer, HP, Samsung, Lenovo, heck, maybe even Apple, but there still would be netbooks. Why I know? Ever had one of those crazy ideas, like having wireless leashes for dogs, but you never get around making one? Then bam, the next week an electric collar comes out. Plus, if it wasn't for Microsoft AND Asus, I wouldn't have switched to Apple.

Yes, the netbook would still be invented, but it would've been different than what we have right now. They'd be more expensive and a lot more complicated (I'm betting Apple users like yourself would even hate it because of the latter :P).

Dunno, I count Macbook Air as one.

I have one problem, one f***ing problem with Mac's and their software, it's too f***ing expensive.

Get them to sort out the ridiculous pricing, and then maybe people would be more accepting of them. But while ever PC and PC software is way cheaper, forget it.

I'm locking this before it turns into another pointless Mac vs PC argument.