:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ItsFromTheDoc

About the 131 train

thats why gta sa is good it is more possible to add new particles

The problem is that the more custom particles are used in-game, the greater the lag, so if you're really going to add many custom particles you shouldn't use most or all of them at once in-game. I remember Del posting a vid about the game lagging like hell for the use of too many particles, but not sure if he used custom particles nor CLEO at all in that vid.

But if you're thinking of suggesting this mod to be moved to SA, don't try. :P Even though GTA:SA is made to be more mod-friendly than it was before, it's really a bad idea to move this mod to SA now, unless if the coders have the time AND the good reason to.

Other than the additional particles and the SCMs, you can also add extra IMGs in SA. Just add a custom IMG (of the same format as gta3.img, of course) anywhere inside the game's directory then add the directory of the IMG in gta.dat so the game can detect it and open it during gameplay. Even though you're only limited to a total of 6 IMGs (gta3.img included), this could be a BIG advantage if we can do this in VC, unfortunately we can't. :(

gta.dat (take dsmmyths.img as an example of a custom IMG):

#

# Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs

#

IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMG

IMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMG

IMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMG

IMG CLEO\DSMMYTHS.IMG

SPLASH loadsc2

[...]

Guest Rave
Other than the additional particles and the SCMs, you can also add extra IMGs in SA. Just add a custom IMG (of the same format as gta3.img, of course) anywhere inside the game's directory then add the directory of the IMG in gta.dat so the game can detect it and open it during gameplay. Even though you're only limited to a total of 6 IMGs (gta3.img included), this could be a BIG advantage if we can do this in VC, unfortunately we can't. :(

gta.dat (take dsmmyths.img as an example of a custom IMG):

#

# Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs

#

IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMG

IMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMG

IMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMG

IMG CLEO\DSMMYTHS.IMG

SPLASH loadsc2

[...]

no if you were to be working with version 2 of san andreas people with version 1 would probly loose the special secret mini game :P

Screw San Andreas...I say make a GTA 4 version

GTA4 is less mod-friendly than SA or VC at the moment. You have Alice scripts, which involves C++ language which is less limited than SCM language, if not limitless, but that's just about it. If you wanna make a serious TC mod, you have to go beyond than this, but I doubt it would become more mod-friendly than San Andreas is right now. Also GTA4's graphics don't fit for a mod that involves a Californian town but more for a mod that involves a heavy-populated modern NYC-type city, unless we change almost EVERYTHING, from textures to effects, imo.

Unless your a master hax0r, but if that was the case you'd make your own engine I guess

Making your own engine is already considered making a game, not a mod. :P

Guys stay on topic.

lol I think there's little to discuss here unless we get some good particles to use for the train, AND if ever are in the stage of implementing the train to 0.2f.

There's nothing and nowhere to talk about :lol:

Sign in to follow this