Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

CLEO script questions

I'm making CLEO mods lately, and I just want to know if these are possible via CLEO scripting...

1. Make peds think another ped is the player himself, while the real player to them is a fellow ped?

2. Have in-vehicle camera modes usable on foot or outside a vehicle?

3. Can you have the same speed blur effect via code when outside the car, like on foot or on a plane?

I will post my code-related questions here from this point. And don't suggest stuff like :google: are "learn them by yourself". Just wanna know if it is possible. If they are, I'll just learn them by myself, still if possible post a code concerning the answered question.

Never mind. Already have the answers.

I have another question in mind (a question you guys may answer this time): Does anyone here know how to spawn a certain building in a certain location, then mak it enter-able as a safehouse?

I've made my own "Heroes Mod" and after working for the special powers and abilities I'm aiming to make spawn a static caravan in a remote location in San Andreas, like Hanc0ck's house, where CJ can enter and save a game. Also, this will be a special static caravan because it would have a bigger interior (like that TARDIS in Doctor Who).

Well you can spawn a caravan somewhere through coding since it is a particle of somekind (i think). So theoreticly if you would spawn that in another location and then code a entermark and let it load the interior you should be able to enter the caravan but i think you need to code that stuff in the main.scm.

since you say its a static caravan the best way to do it is to have the caravan mapped using med and i believe there is a has interior option where you put the interior somewhere that can only be accessed through a teleport and then create the enter code outside of the caravan door, then code the save icon somewhere in the caravan interior.

the best way to do it is to have the caravan mapped using med

"med"?

I already know how to spawn a Save Disk (I also know how to know the coordinates of a certain location in the map), but does anyone here know how to spawn a marker that teleports you to one of the safehouse interiors? I really want have fun with this by putting an interior larger than the caravan itself. :lol: *goes to GTAForums to check there*

Also, if I can (but I will try), I'm planning to make a CLEO mod involving caravans/trailers/mobile homes where you are able to drive mobile homes and even get inside the interior and save, so you'll be able to save in any location. This would be useful if you want to camp on a certain location in SA without later having to drive to a distant safehouse to save.

Guest Rave

angelo you know better then this ....someone move this to the coding section

angelo you know better then this ....someone move this to the coding section

I know, but actually I put this in the Off Topic section instead of the Coding section, because the Coding section is for coding topics related to the mod (haven't you guys noticed that topics in this section are all related to the mod?). In fact, I even remember Del moving code-related topics which are not related to the mod to the Off Topic section, so I'm basically following the same "rule". The Off Topic after all does say "Anything not relating directly to the mod, goes in here." :P

This is CLEO stuff (GTA San Andreas modding), so it's no way related to the mod, nor to the SA mini-mod. But OK, since I really need this question answered badly right now. <_< *checks for other GTA forum sites*

It seems a bit pointless considering that there are 'Save anywhere' cleos

cant you modify a save anywhere cleo?

and set the door on the caravan as a teleport or something?

I actually thought of that earlier, so I'm going to try it out later. But first, I'll have to know HOW to put one of the caravan models on the part of the map I want it to be on. Anyone here who knows a program that can modify the map files of GTA:SA?

It seems a bit pointless considering that there are 'Save anywhere' cleos

I wanted it to be an enterable static caravan (with an interior) in a remote location, like in Hanc0ck, so no. Since I'm making a Heroes/Hanc0ck mod (which is actually made up of a collection of modified CLEO scripts) right now, and Hanc0ck's home and the location of his home pretty represent what an average superhero's home would be, I want it to be this way.

a map editor is Med just search 4 it in google

LOL now I get what "MEd" means. :lol:

Just checked it out, and it seems it's as easy to use as drag and drop.

yup, it is the program that developed out of KEd (adding SA support) which developed out of MooMapper ;).

Nice. The teleporter code and MEd work like a charm. Once I find the perfect permanent place for "Super CJ"'s new Hanc**k-like home, I'll post a screenshot. :D (in case you guys don't know, I'm working on a CLEO Mod Pack which turns CJ to a solar-powered superhuman :lol:)

Speaking of which, I've also asked another code question in the GTAForums, concerning on how to get the ID or model number of the closest ped/car. I got myself in a bit of trouble, when the guys blamed me for copying their mod's concept (GTA:SA Citizens Mod by Dutchy3010 and PatrickW). I never really knew their mod existed in the first place (I'm not really a frequent visitor there, and I haven't checked the Total Conversion Mod section of GTAGarage before) so when I stated I'm going to make and release a similar mod, that's when the problem started. The guys who requested this mod gave me a bit more pressure than what I was having that time, and I'm completely stressed out so I desperately find ways to release it without being blamed for ripping the guys' great work, which I wasted more time to than the coding of the mod itself. Now those guys are out of the way and I'm now free from the stress and pressure (at the moment), but this time I'm bothered by the possibility that those forum members / modders (including others like gtasearcher) would never trust me anymore, and may think of me as a "bad modder". There goes my chance to go back to modding stuff as I used to. :(

new Hanc**k-like home

I like the new censors. Just that it still works on non-profane words. :mellow:

Another CLEO question. This time, it's about editing someone's CLEO (to make it better):

I also have a CLEO question in mind. I don't want to create another topic, so I'll post it here:

See, I tried editing the Japanese dude's Gravity Gun mod (see link below) to turn the green glow of the gun to an orange one, so it would be more HL2-accurate, but when I tried compiling it I recognized the size of the new CS file is now bigger than it used to, even though I just edited a very small code. I tried testing it out myself, but it ends up crashing and stuff. I tried his other mods (compiling them), and it does the same (bigger size, bugs and crashes). Any idea why this happen? Is it Sanny Builder not being able to compile it right, or am I missing something (probably a compilation feature that I don't know about, or the dude is simply using an older version of Sanny Builder or another program)?

http://gtasamod.web.fc2.com/cleomod/

It is possible to compile with less KB, when you turn off "Add extra info to SCM" (in options)

Just did the editing thing just then, but still it didn't work. The size remains the same (when it was 5 KB, it remained 5 KB after re-compiling), but the crashes remain. Anything else I'm missing, or should use another program to edit the CLEO (if there is one)? Oh yeah, it is the Time Stopper mod this time -- just added a simple code that makes you invincible while the mod is activated. I haven't tried editing the Gravity Gun mod yet.

http://gtasamod.web.fc2.com/cleomod/stop/index.html

Any ideas? Should I download an older version of Sanny Builder, or am I really missing something?

I'm having the same weird thing with a down-stripped scm for a ide-killed VC.

It is strange, 'cause BW even can't open it (why?) and after re-compiling it with SB it is more than the double size and causes a crash when you click on start new game or quit game.

To be honest I haven't really solved this problem since. Those CLEO mods made by the Japanese dude can't be edited (even by just decompiling and re-compiling it without editing anything, the whole mod would still screw-up).

And I forgot BW's SA Mission Builder existed. :lol: Will this work on CLEO mods?

EDIT: Never mind. It won't. But does anyone here know a working download link for older SB versions, just for the sake of editing these (CLEO) scripts?

what makes them uneditable?

I can't edit it because it can't be decompiled properly to begin with. I notice there are missing code, and some are misinterpreted by the decompiler. Since I'm still an average coder, I can't fix the codes by myself atm.

Try decompiling and re-compiling any of the mods listed in the site below using the latest Sanny Builder and see what happens. Even if you didn't edit anything, it will screw up big time. I'll try reporting this to Seemann and asking Ryosuke, the maker of the mods below, which version of SB he used (hoping he can understand English).

http://gtasamod.web.fc2.com/cleomod/

Sign in to follow this