Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Game Talk

About a year ago he called my mobile phone. Lost lots of money (due to the overocean call) and got rickrolled by the device I built out of LEGO and Nokia's autoreply function.

I have no idea what HL2: Ep. 3 is, but it sounds painful...

I could never get Ep. 1 to work right, althought HL2 and ep. 2 both played perfectly.

I can't wait for it! Would even be worth firing up Windows again :P

Speaking of which, do you think there'll be a Half-Life 3?

EP3 would be the last of the HL2 sequel series, but it won't necessarily be the last of the entire HL series. HL3 would be either a sequel or a prequel.

Back to topic...

@iProton: Are you sure it's really Freeman? Why not just replace the SIM card or request for a phone number change, and remove personal info you've displayed in the net to stop the complete bulls***? I know cyberbullying is annoying, but I also know it's pretty immature when it's repeated numerous times already. Unless if he's a fellow Russian, or some b****rd hacker who may have created a program that "automatically" does spamming for him without costing him anything (based from my experience it is possible to obtain personal info and other hacker stuff via networking).

theyve already confirmed episode 3 will be the last installment of HL2 but will not be the last HL game so yes there will be an HL3

Nah, the speaker clearly said "What the f***?"

theyve already confirmed episode 3 will be the last installment of HL2 but will not be the last HL game so yes there will be an HL3

I hope HL3 would be a prequel. Gordon Freeman SHOULD still be the protagonist of the game, and G-Man would remain as the most mysterious character of the game (seriously, revealing G-Man's true identity and getting rid of Freeman would ruin the entire franchsie).

Already attempted making a Half-Life 3 myself once. It's an HL1/2 mod ("Half-Life: Past Intensity" if you remember this one) which would act as both prequel and sequel and will be mainly about time travel, predestination paradoxes, Seven Hour War, Combine, Xen, the aftermath of the BM incident and the nuking of the facility, etc. It's one of my coolest ideas so far, unfortunately I found out both the HL1 and HL2 engines can't handle the complexity I planned for the mod, plus it would bore players to death with so much time loops and puzzles, so I canceled it (at the moment) and went for my other long-planned and simpler HL1 mod project instead. I'm one of those many who failed on making an (unofficial) HL3.

They said basically, the HL2 Episodes are basically HL3 broken down into three parts. (Director's commentary.)

They said basically, the HL2 Episodes are basically HL3 broken down into three parts. (Director's commentary.)

It is true that they are essentially Half-Life 3 plot-wise, but I was talking about the sequel (plot-wise, graphics-wise, gameplay-wise and engine-wise) to HL2 and the entire episodic series in general. Because there's little or no improvements made in the episodic series from HL2 -- in fact you can even run the episodes in HL2 as mods basically, if you're a wise modder -- the episodic series can't be considered as the kind of Half-Life 3 I was talking about. Seeing those next-gen game engines now running the best FPS games so far (even L4D's Source Engine is better than HL2's), it is a possibility.

The non-episodic mainstream sequel would likely be named Half-Life 3.

I am still waiting for Gordon to say something :P

I thought HL2's engine was kind of better than L4D's.

L4D lags in my PC like hell even if I have all settings low (it only becomes stable or lag-less when I try to overclock the CPU, which is in my mini-PC's case a waste of time). HL2, in the other hand, doesn't have any lag on mine in HIGH settings.

You can really tell which is better by looking at the versions of the two Source engines. Much lag doesn't mean it's worse -- it's the other way around.

About a year ago he called my mobile phone. Lost lots of money (due to the overocean call) and got rickrolled by the device I built out of LEGO and Nokia's autoreply function.

Speaking of which, just got "rickrolled" by You Tube (seriously) after getting an internal server error 500. The message said "Sorry, something went wrong. A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation. Also, please include the following information in your error report:" then a bunch of code being stacked to one line.

It ain't hacker s***, since it's only You Tube who displays this message and it's a common techie joke. It's one of the best net jokes I know so far. I LOLed when I first saw it some 3 minutes ago.

I used to get it quite often.

I still get it a lot. I hope in EP3, at the end, someone asks Gordon a question and he says one word and the game ends lol.

someone asks Gordon a question and he says one word and the game ends lol.

It won't just be a shocker. It would also be a target of criticism and crap.

Not a good idea, in short.

In Pursuit Force the main character was a mute too. Then, in Pursuit Force 2, when his Fiancé was killed he screamed "SARAH!" (self explanatory), then the player heard three phrases from him in cutscenes, throughout the game "My god", "Nothing will stop me" and "You're right". Other than that he only grunted and noded,

Valve likes their main characters not to talk. Gordon Freeman, the girl in Portal (can't think of the name)...what else?

Sign in to follow this