Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
daangelo29

A Good Gaming Laptop

I'm currently looking for a good gaming laptop that I can use for college ("gaming laptop" meaning a neat high-end laptop that would make me ditch this mini-PC of mine; and don't say go get a desktop PC instead).

What I'm aiming for is a decent gaming laptop that no longer need customization or complete re-building to be a gaming laptop.

Is this good?

http://www.excaliberpc.com/588982/asus-g50...4-notebook.html

toshiba are good for media, not so much gaming

Dell XPS M1530 :P

Specs of Dell XPS M1530:

1. 15.4-inch WXGA (1280 x 800)
  2. 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo T7500 processor
  3. 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM (up to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM available)
  4. 160GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD (32GB SSD drive available)
  5. Slot-loading dual-layer DVD±RW drive
  6. NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT with 256MB GDDR3
  7. Integrated 2.0 megapixel webcam
  8. HDMI, VGA, S-Video, Firewire/1394, three USB 2.0 ports, integrated media reader (MS, SD, xD), fingerprint reader
  9. Media Center remote located in ExpressCard slot
  10. Windows Vista Home Premium

Specs of ASUS G50Vt-A2:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 (2.53GHz) Processor
  2. 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Display
  3. 4GB DDR2 Memory
  4. 640GB (2 x 320GB 7200RPM) Hard Drive
  5. Blu-Ray Disc Drive
  6. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS 512MB
  7. Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit

All I need is a laptop capable of heavy gaming. I don't necessarily need many neat features like fingerprint readers or Media Center remote supports since I really don't need them. Size -- small or large -- doesn't matter to me, but as for screens I prefer larger ones -- a max resolution of 1280 X 800 or higher would be nice.

you can upgrade the dells screen to 1920x1200 i believe. other parts too. thats why i like dells, you can customize em

you can customize em

Exclude customization in my needs. I'll be buying the laptops outside the country, so if I ever buy a customizable laptop searching for parts will be hard if not impossible at the moment. Also I don't know if my dad would want me to waste that much for customization. I already put myself to too much trouble with customizable PCs.

Exclude customization in my needs. I'll be buying the laptops outside the country, so if I ever buy a customizable laptop searching for parts will be hard if not impossible at the moment. Also I don't know if my dad would want me to waste that much for customization. I already put myself to too much trouble with customizable PCs.

i meant on the dell website. you can select the parts you want

build one

How can I "build" a laptop exactly?

I know you can build laptops, but my point here is that here in my country the term "building a laptop" DOESN'T exist. I can order some in the net, but I don't think my dad would want to spend too much money on customizable laptops AND laptop parts.

Any more suggestions other than customizable laptops and building laptops? I should have mentioned earlier that what I'm aiming for is a decent gaming laptop that no longer need customization or complete re-building to be a gaming laptop.

if you want a DECENT laptop for GAMING then your hard pressed to fine one that you wont want to immediately customise

Sign in to follow this