Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnyboy

Laptop Fatal Error?

Ok, so today I was updating my PC's BIOS, I had it running, but I didn't not know my battery had fallen out. During the update, I went to move the laptop, and the external cable had fallen out. All of a sudden, the PC shut off, and I thought "Oh well, it was just an update". However, I went to turn on the laptop, and nothing happened. It stayed black, and then let out three extremely loud beeps and repeated doing so.

What did I do, and is there anyway to fix this, or do I have to call compaq?

You're screwed. The one time you NEVER allow a power failure is when your updating your bios. Your Mother board is now useless.

"Make sure the electrical power source is reliable when flashing a BIOS. Any sizable fluctuation or loss of power during a flash process can corrupt the BIOS. Therefore, never power down or reset a PC when flashing the BIOS."

You're screwed. The one time you NEVER allow a power failure is when your updating your bios. Your Mother board is now useless.

blue.....

So I should call up Compaq and tell them a wild story of how their updates killed my laptop, or should I use this instead? I have a 1 year limited warranty, and it is still in it, so am I good?

Guest rave
blue.....

So I should call up Compaq and tell them a wild story of how their updates killed my laptop, or should I use this instead? I have a 1 year limited warranty, and it is still in it, so am I good?

honestly ...they arent going to give a damn but go ahead

you should be able to use your waranty though

Edited by rave

blue.....

Why is it their fault? It's your fault for not checking the battery etc

Guest rave
I really doubt the warranty is gonna cover a bios failure.

thats why we lie to them say the battery fell out one day put it back in and the computer didn't work

they would think it was a factory fail and hand you a new one thats what i did at gamestop with my psp when i bricked it

Edited by rave

Guest rave
Just hope they don't check your Laptop.

they checked the psp and like i said screen was black :)

Well, my DVR had a HDD failure. It failed on its own. They sent a replacement. However, if they found I tampered with it or broke it on purpose, they void the warranty and charge my card.

Well, I will feed them a nice bullmake like a tree, and get outta here story about how it was their software update.

Guest rave
Well, I will feed them a nice bullmake like a tree, and get outta here story about how it was their software update.

ok good luck

Just got off the phone with some lady, tells me that I box will be here in 3 days to pick it up.

Looks like I am in.

Of all times to have something go wrong :P

Why? You mean the power cutting out, or is something big happening?

Guest rave
Just got off the phone with some lady, tells me that I box will be here in 3 days to pick it up.

Looks like I am in.

congrats on the new computer buddy :)

Is it a Compaq C714NR? I left my computer overnight today and it said it made some updates and had to restart when I was waking it up. At least if it is, it isn't a very expensive computer. I got mine new from circuit city for $500 1 1/2 years ago.

Then it was probably a Microsoft update, is there a new update for the Compaq C700 series or the C714NR?

but it's a dell.

:lmfao::mf_pain::ranting2::rotfl::heh:

why?

Edited by hscitpe

mine still works perfectly fine. I've had to do only one Full system restore in 4 years (and it was my own damn fault that I had to do that).

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this