Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Windows Seven No good?

that does suck, whatever happened to just Home and Professional editions, I don't get it. :unsure:

multiple versions will be the issue there. i hope when the go retail with it they drop back to just having home edition and pro.

Windows XP+7 N00BISH

Vista and windows 2000 server= Rules :Pw

I still wonder 'till now why Microsoft had this idea of making this many editions of Windows...

- Windows 7 Starter Edition: We're in the next generation, dude. Many people multi-task, no doubt, but just minimizing the maximum number of programs running at the same time to only 3 just sucks.

- Windows 7 Home Premium: Same as Windows Vista Home Premium. Nothing bad here. Like its Vista counterpart, it's good.

- Windows 7 Professional: Home Premium + some business-related features. For me, it would've been better to have the business-related features to be in a separate package for interested Home Premium users instead of providing a separate edition.

- Windows 7 Enterprise: Professional + some more features. Similar thing as Professional to Home Premium. What the hell MS is trying to plan here? <_<

- Windows 7 Ultimate: All features of the previous editions into one package.

I don't know why Microsoft can just leave only 2 editions: Home Premium and Professional (or Ultimate). I'm not sure what the Starter Edition is for anyway if it's that limited. It's probably a demo version or a temporary edition used in computers when they're still on sale like its Vista counterpart (Windows Vista Starter Edition).

Fortunately, Windows 7 is still a beta at the moment, and there's possibly more betas to come this year for us test, so it's hard to really know if they're going to suck or not. There is still enough time for Microsoft to change their minds about the editions (I hope so).

But from what I can tell, Windows 7 rocks. Even as a beta, Windows 7 surpassed many of the tests I conducted, unlike the previous tests I made in Windows Longhorn (Vista's beta version) and the early beta Windows XP version.

They made that basic version of 7 because, they don't want to deal with the people who installed Vista, on a 2001 PC.

Sign in to follow this