Sign in to follow this  
Joe Statler

Who's your favorite Joker?

Who's your favorite Joker?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best?

• Jack Nicholson - "Batman"
    • Mark Hamill - "Batman: The Animated Series"
    • Cesar Romero - "Batman" (60's TV series)
    • Heath Ledger - "The Dark Knight"

the official origin of the joker is that there is no official origin. the reason that i prefer heaths is that not only did he do a more convincing job in terms of line delivery and body language etc but his character was actually BELEIVABLY evil while nicholsons was kinda just a clown..

i can see why you prefer i though dooms. i mean up untill recently you took the 60s sereis of batman seriously so how can we expect you to fully grasp the concept of what the joker is meant to be.

The Joker is SUPPOSED to be a clown, Jim. You may like Heath better, but Jack's interpetation of the character is WAY more loyal to the comics than Heath's was.

And you're trying to pick fun on me for taking the 60's series seriously? Woah, check you out. You're on a role. You take a fictional band that doesn't exist seriously. Not to mention, they're cartoon. Wait, did you know that its only one guy who does all the instruments? :D:D

The Joker is SUPPOSED to be a clown, Jim. You may like Heath better, but Jack's interpetation of the character is WAY more loyal to the comics than Heath's was.

If you mean that Jack's was as close to the 60's Joker, then your right, but Heaths is as close to the 90's and above. Heath's Joker was a "Psycho Villain in Makeup" which is the Base of writing the Joker in a comic.

My vote is still for Mark Hamill. His voice-work was perfect for the Joker (I think) and the dialogue for the Joker (in the animated series) fit the persona perfectly (comic-book wise). And he still does The Joker every now and then, as you can see in last week's episode of Robot Chicken.

He's also on Metalocalypse. He plays the guy that does the briefing in front of the huge screen, you can tell because he sounds kinda like the joker (but it's barely noticeable).

In my point of view, my order for my favorite joker is:

1. Heath Ledger

2. Mark Hammil

3. Jack N.

4. Ceaser

I loved Hammils performance in Star Wars!

And you're trying to pick fun on me for taking the 60's series seriously? Woah, check you out. You're on a role. You take a fictional band that doesn't exist seriously. Not to mention, they're cartoon. Wait, did you know that its only one guy who does all the instruments? :D:D

dude.. have you looked at my sig? how can you think i take them seriously? and its 3 guys who play the music. i like Dethklok because the musics catchy and the show is a BRILLIANT p***take of what it would be like if a death metal band reached that kind of level of fame.

there is no way that i take them as a serious band.

my point about the joker was he wasnt supposed to be just a clown who blows stuff up and laughs about it. hes actually supposed to be evil. jack wasnt evil in the slightest, sure he had some slightly chilling lines but he wasnt beleivably evil. heath ledger was both a clown and evil.

man it used to be fun arguing with you but now its like talking to a p***y little kid who doesnt want to beleive that he has to grow up someday (just to clarify in a way that you actually understand that last remark, im not saying you are in fact a little kid im saying your behaving like one, and yes im fully aware that your older than me, and the grow up remark was in relation to the fact that you cant bear to see old characters change especially if its for the better)

dude.. have you looked at my sig? how can you think i take them seriously? and its 3 guys who play the music. i like Dethklok because the musics catchy and the show is a BRILLIANT p***take of what it would be like if a death metal band reached that kind of level of fame.

there is no way that i take them as a serious band.

my point about the joker was he wasnt supposed to be just a clown who blows stuff up and laughs about it. hes actually supposed to be evil. jack wasnt evil in the slightest, sure he had some slightly chilling lines but he wasnt beleivably evil. heath ledger was both a clown and evil.

man it used to be fun arguing with you but now its like talking to a p***y little kid who doesnt want to beleive that he has to grow up someday (just to clarify in a way that you actually understand that last remark, im not saying you are in fact a little kid im saying your behaving like one, and yes im fully aware that your older than me, and the grow up remark was in relation to the fact that you cant bear to see old characters change especially if its for the better)

And yeah, he is supposed to be a clown. Someone hasn't been doing their homework :D You're exactly right, he is supposed to be evil. AND he's supposed to be a clown, taking after the stereotypical carnival mask of a clown. That's how the Joker was written. I know what I am talking about, Jim. Chris Nolan didn't write the Joker, Bob Kane did. And Frank Miller didn't either, so don't try and throw that on me. When Kane first wrote the character, he is EXACTLY how he is portrayed in Bat '89. A '30s type of mobster, known for his acid flower, the hand buzzer, the Joker copter, the laughing gas, the "bang" gun, etc. Notice how I didn't list knives ;)

Sign in to follow this