Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Fishy-Fish

Delorean Re-entry

Hello, I read somewhere that the Delorean re-entry explosions configurations could be found in particle.cfg but I couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, I was wondering how I can make the explosions a bit smaller and higher above the ground because in the movie (I looked extremely close to the first time travel experiment) and I saw the explosions were above th ground and a tiny bit smaller than in the game.

If somebody could be so kind to point out which line to edit (and in what file, if it's not particle.cfg) and how to edit. Could somebody help me?

Thanks..

large explosion, both normal and fast. You can tell which one is the blue one because the first 3 values are different (they're the rgb color)

Cool, thanks blue. One more question, do the explosions appear in a sequence when the delorean re-enters? I notice that the explosions get larger and smaller... Also, how do I make the explosions higher above the ground and smaller?

0437: scatter_particle $id $size at $x $y $z $vx $vy $vz
the size slot is the one you want to change. to make it higher, add like 1.0 to the z coord, make the explosion, and then subtract. If you know where the explosion is, here's what it'll kinda look like. Don't copy it. I just made the code up. This is assuming that you know where the code is in the scm. So if it looked like this
create_explosion @1 @2 @3
you'll make it look like this
3@ += 1.0

create_explosion 1@ 2@ 3@

3@ -= 1.0

Hmm... The first one code didn't work, I put the thing from 0.1 to 10000.1 and still didn't change.

Anyway, I don't know where the explosion code is, could you help me with that, but the changing with Z coord is good info. THanks, but I still need to know where the explosion code is..

well, if you don't know where the explosion code is, thats why the size doesn't change =P

just look for scatter particles. If you see 8 of em in a row, and one number is 45, thats it for reentry.

Oooh, thanks!

EDIT: Well I found it, but I couldn't find the part where you said I can make the re-entry explosions higher...

Edited by Fishy-Fish

this is waht blue means, simplefied..

if the explosion code looks like this:

create_explosion @1 @2 @3
change it to look like this: (eg. included)
3@ += 1.0	 // to lift higher off ground by changing 3@  -before

create_explosion 1@ 2@ 3@  //explosion code with modified 3@

3@ -= 1.0 // to bring 3@ to normal  -after

Edited by edfake

So, I just add it below the scatter-particle 45's? Even the create_explosion part?

EDIT: Figured it out, thanks Platina, blue. I just do the same thing for the pre-time travel explosion too, right?

Edited by Fishy-Fish