Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Saiyaman

IV Screens

lol GTA4 runs on my onboard Intel 946GZ graphics. Everything runs smoothly in low settings.

What FPS do you get?

From what I've read in the other topics, your PC is crap, so for some reason I don't believe it can play IV at a smooth rate.

What FPS do you get?

From what I've read in the other topics, your PC is crap, so for some reason I don't believe it can play IV at a smooth rate.

If you believe it can't play IV at a smooth rate, Intel 946GZ supposedly shouldn't play GTA4 at all. It's about 5-7 steps away to meeting the graphics processing requirement to play the game in the first place.

I'm currently using a heavily-modified PC (mostly by software). I'm currently using a "software technique" (a shader-emulation technique) to have GTA4 working, the same technique I use on Spider-Man 3, Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia (2008) and most of all Crysis to make them all work when they shouldn't on my onboard crap.

I'm not sure what FPS I get, but the gameplay is smooth. Somehow my software technique works on GTA4...while it doesn't work on GTA3, GTA:VC and GTA:SA (the technique doesn't work on RenderWare engines for some reason). No lags at all at low settings. Very few lags at medium. And lags (that I can accept having along the game) at high. Also lags only occur on few parts of the city. On other parts, everything runs smoothly.

If you believe it can't play IV at a smooth rate, Intel 946GZ supposedly shouldn't play GTA4 at all. It's about 5-7 steps away to meeting the graphics processing requirement to play the game in the first place.

I'm currently using a heavily-modified PC (mostly by software). I'm currently using a "software technique" (a shader-emulation technique) to have GTA4 working, the same technique I use on Spider-Man 3, Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia (2008) and most of all Crysis to make them all work when they shouldn't on my onboard crap.

I'm not sure what FPS I get, but the gameplay is smooth. Somehow my software technique works on GTA4...while it doesn't work on GTA3, GTA:VC and GTA:SA (the technique doesn't work on RenderWare engines for some reason). No lags at all at low settings. Very few lags at medium. And lags (that I can accept having along the game) at high. Also lags only occur on few parts of the city. On other parts, everything runs smoothly.

Tell...me....the...name....now!

@Angel, run a benchmark test. Start IV go to the menu/options then Graphics and choose benchmark.

I'll be doing that later, once I have time. For now, it's already New Year's Eve here, so I have to help my family prepare the food and fireworks. :D

Well, someone can maybe post some pics? Only one who posted them, was GS. Like :offtopic:

would that mean the ENB series could work on a Intel 965 Chipset Family? With carmods without ENB series the game is very laggy on this 965 card. And I use carmods that are about the same number of poly's. How would you get GTA 4 to run on your card though? Although my computer has a better card it probably has a worse CPU I have a 1.46 GHz Dual-Core and I doubt GTA 4 would want to run on that.

would that mean the ENB series could work on a Intel 965 Chipset Family?

I said "heavily-modified PC". That means I modified the PC myself (both software and hardware) so that my poor onboard graphics can handle sweet graphics, or in other words work like a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX. Yours are simply stock or upgraded with pre-made or manufactured stuff. I use my own programming and other complicated stuff I make myself to make them work. :P

Speaking of Intel 965 graphic chipsets, I'm getting a bit frustrated about Intel giving faulty driver software to computer manufacturers. The driver software from the recover discs of your PC, as well as the driver software pre-installed in your PC since its first use, are all faulty. You have to download the latest drivers, completely delete or uninstall the old faulty pre-installed ones, and install the new ones to make them work properly.

Heck, (ignoring my PC modifications) I can play Half-Life 2 with all settings maxed out with bloom effects, smooth gameplay, fixed graphics and no lags at all if I install the Intel drivers by my own, while I get annoying lags, no lighting effects at all, crappy sound effects (including voices) and a lying DirectX Diagnostic Tool telling I have 512 MB VRAM (if the chipset should only have 256 MB <_<) if I use the pre-installed driver software.

Oh yeah, I decided to remove all of the modifications I made to my PC to make next-gen games to work, since they also cause problems on regular computer stuff like anti-viruses. I'll just go to my bro's computer whenever I want to play GTA4.

That's why my 965 is slower than my 64 meg Intel card on my desktop.

I installed the latest update now what is the benefits?

EDIT:Now I see the benefits, there used to be a lot of lag with a 100,000 poly car now no lag, I have a feeling the enb series would work there is not lag but the textures on the freeway don't always appear.

Edited by +Mr.Bean

Sign in to follow this