Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Oldcpv3

Inside the car

Hey, i was just looking at bttf:lc, and i saw that it 99% Off the car works a incredible job for gta III. Anyways, it can be ported to Hill Valley?

Edited by Oldcpv3

it can, the question you should have asked is will it be ported

the answer to that is no

also more like 99.9% because the only thing we didnt get working is the ac unit, because you cant feel air in a video game, though we thought about adding streamers to the air vents in the dmc 12

oh yeah and in the beta build we had rear view mirrors and a manual transmission

2 hours ago, ~Leaf~ said:

it can, the question you should have asked is will it be ported

the answer to that is no

also more like 99.9% because the only thing we didnt get working is the ac unit, because you cant feel air in a video game, though we thought about adding streamers to the air vents in the dmc 12

oh yeah and in the beta build we had rear view mirrors and a manual transmission

why not? looks a good idea porting to bttf hv, if gta 3 can handle it, gta vc should too.

because 

1. i'm lazy

2. I hate VC with a passion 

3. You cant just port c++ hacks from one gta to another the renderware version is too different i'd have to rewrite the hacks.

4. don't ever expect something to run on vc if it can run on III that is ignorant, III is far more stable than VC cause VC is a hack of III

5. I don't play nice, LC is not meant to be open source and that means if I added it to VC it wouldn't be released because HV is an open source mod

1 hour ago, ~Leaf~ said:

because 

1. i'm lazy

2. I hate VC with a passion 

3. You cant just port c++ hacks from one gta to another the renderware version is too different i'd have to rewrite the hacks.

4. don't ever expect something to run on vc if it can run on III that is ignorant, III is far more stable than VC cause VC is a hack of III

5. I don't play nice, LC is not meant to be open source and that means if I added it to VC it wouldn't be released because HV is an open source mod

This proves that R* did it wrong.

3 minutes ago, ~Leaf~ said:

they do allot wrong.

maybe someone can port III stuff to VC?

On 2/5/2016 at 4:12 PM, ~Leaf~ said:

they do allot wrong.

Not that I really understand the ins and outs of programming, but I'm assuming they did a really messy job?  Like a car held together with duct tape, chewing gum and rubber bands that still somehow manages to function, thus making it really hard to mod for because the slightest alteration can cause it to go to pieces.

basically its like trying to cook in a dirty kitchen where all the pots and pans you need are dirty as well

analogy, working around things until you have no choice but to replace rockstars work and then you basically end up with either super bugs or your own coding engine.

Sign in to follow this