:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TranceLikeState

Trance's Ghostbuster Costume Thread

Well, I started this about a year ago I suppose when I first bought the matty ghost trap. Then I got the PKE meter, and the ecto goggles when they were released recently. I really want to get this thing together before Halloween so I can win all my $ back haha. Then I spent the night on eBay finding the rest of the costume that I need. I now have every part of the costume either here or still on the way except a proton pack. I plan on purchasing the Bob's prop shop ultimate DIY proton pack kit and later adding the lights and sounds. I have a flight suit with all the patches and leg hose on the way along with a belt with all the gizmos. Can't wait till that stuff gets here. For now, this is what I have.

All three Matty props that have been released thus far:

photo-2.jpg

Elbow pads and gloves (the elbow pads look much lighter in this picture than they really are):

photo3-2.jpg

I found some real nice Corocan 1500 paratrooper boots (no side zippers but hey, I don't care!)

photo1-1.jpg

And these are the radio accessories I have thus far. Stubby antenna and holster (not leather but still very nice)

01cea840-9ca7-4b26-a936-d6392526fa5f.jpg

The radio is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow and the flight suit with belt and gizmos in another week or two. What's sad is I've already put over $1,000 dollars into the costume so far and at least another thousand for a good pack with lights and sounds. But some of the costume contests around here have one thousand dollar grand prizes! So, hopefully if I win 2 I get my $ back. If not, I still have an awesome costume to wear to cons and make people drool. :)

• Like 1

Very cool, Trance!

I've always wanted to work on a Ghostbusters costume or something like Robocop, but I instead decided to go with a lower budget project which is Iron Man. ;)

I plan to have it done by this Halloween, but school will probably hinder my progress. Hopefully it will be done at the end of this year or next June at the latest!

Thanks guys. Just got the radio.

photo-3.jpg

Blox, I wanna see some progress shots of that costume!

• Like 1

Blox, I wanna see some progress shots of that costume!

Haha, since you asked! :P

Here's most of the main chest piece of the suit, hanging from a little hook:

1185124_331448367001458_600065552_n.jpg

You'll notice that the glued edges look a little rough at the moment. That will eventually be sealed using a coating technique and then painted over. If it's still rough or bumpy, I'll sand it down or paint sliver scratches over it.

[sorry for the picture quality, it was taken from my computer's webcam]

I may update some more in the future in a new topic if and when possible. If I don't, then I'll probably post some with the finished costume in the end. ;)

Note: I may not make the helmet and just pretend to be Tony Stark in the armor, mainly because it's difficult to make it perfect and wire the electronics.

EDIT: This is being made with EVA foam and a program called "Pepakura." The files which I am using to cut the pieces out were retrieved from "TheHeroTutorials" on youtube.

Edited by RobertBlox
  • Like 1

Are you going to wear a beard and mustache like Tony Stark?

Wear one?!? :rotfl:

No, no, no, one does not simply "wear" a mustache and beard, one must grow one! :shifty:

If I wait about 1.5 - 2 weeks to let it grow in advance before wearing the costume, I should be fine. :laughing2:

• Like 1

Is that a MK III chest piece? I'm familiar with pepakura. Someone asked my permission to use my Rocketeer jetpack model I made for it to which I said of course. Never did find out if he printed it. I saw an amazing articulating 3d printed Ironman boot piece recently.

• Like 1

That is actually a Mark IV chest piece. ;)

Here's a little something you might want, Trance. ;)

From Moretto electronics, here's some of the lights (programmed) that are also used by Videobob in his units:
http://www.moretto-electronics.com/en/ghostbusters-props/11-ghostbusters-proton-pack-light-kit.html

• Like 1

I also found this, which you can reference for building the Proton pack. :)

http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Proton_Pack_Part_Names

Thanks blox. Thats the kit I have in mind. It's taboo to buy anything from Bob on the GBfans forums because he "recasted" someone else's shell. Thats not really why they're mad, they're mad because his stuff is just as good if not better quality for a cheaper price. I don't subscribe to the GBfans forums or their bias feedback so I'll likely be getting that.

• Like 1

Thanks blox. Thats the kit I have in mind. It's taboo to buy anything from Bob on the GBfans forums because he "recasted" someone else's shell. Thats not really why they're mad, they're mad because his stuff is just as good if not better quality for a cheaper price. I don't subscribe to the GBfans forums or their bias feedback so I'll likely be getting that.

Cool, can't wait to see how the build turns out when you do. :)

It's a shame what happens to some fans when they know they can make money off of a product, a few just go and offend their competitors.

Edited by RobertBlox

Always nice to find more fellow ghostbusters fans. I started my pack back in April and Im finally getting to the point of finishing it. I had my uniform and stuff finished fairly quick. That was the easiest bit, but I will say that building my pack up has been a lot of fun.

securedownload-5_zpsad23cf53.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice work, The Doctor!

I especially like the ribbon cable for some reason. :P

That's because it's a GB1 ribbon cable. Nice work Doc. Got mine fully together now. Got a pretty good deal on a pack on eBay already assembled! Had a few drinks last night and had a dress rehearsal haha.

My flight suit:

IMG_0688.jpg

Belt with all the gizmos but no props:

IMG_0687.jpg

A few of the pack itself. It has a nice weathered finish:

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Lights already installed but no sound yet.

And everything together:

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

• Like 6

The pack is about 25 pounds. So all of it together is pretty heavy.

• Like 1

Bravo! :thumbup:

I got the sound kit installed successfully! I'm kinda proud to be honest. A lot of soldering new switches, tiny wires and soldering, and uhhhh soldering haha. It's not plug n play when you have a pack that already has lights. It has to be wired into the lights. Anyways, it's loud! I hope I win some $!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhR5kqOA64

• Like 1