Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
knightprowl

Knightprowl tangent, split from Source code by Progamist Thread

lol, i never ask for permission, never, and its why i never upload ona mod site, just host sites like mediafire or like me 4shared, i could care less about permission, or how mad someone gets about it, ive got 100s of modders stuff in my mods, you think im rly gonna ask that many ppl for permission? your crazy, f**k permission and f**k the authors is what i say, i say use what ya want and release what ya want, its what i do and nobodys complaning that i know of, all they ever complane about is bugs and ect, permission isnt rly a biggie since after all theres no copyright on anything a modder makes, unless they have there stuff patoned then rly its anyones you wish, and it isnt against the law, so rly anything a modder makes is technically everyones, i mean ya its not nice not asking permission i know that, but legally its anyones unless its patoned, and idk of any mod or anything modding whise with a paton, mods arent something you paton or even sell, there things for everyone to use and edit at there own will and want to and anyone whos all p**sy about it can kiss my and anyone who thinks like i do asses, anyways i think ive said enough, my point is pretty much, i do what i want when i want and idc what anyone says or thinks, anyways ttyl peace

Edited by knightprowl

Isn't it a rule here that you must have a translation in English in your posts?

Translation: yo ain't derr a cracka-jack law dat u must have da engrish in posts yo

lol what? that is english, what th- *boom* are you talking about? what is it? i type to much for ya to read? well sry thats to bad, i type alot, big deal, and like i said idc what you think, but ya didnt have to be a dick about it, its just my opinion, and im intitled to it like everyone else, but hey w/e, not gonna start another on going war here, no need, they dont like what i said they will remove it, ya dont like it then dont read it, i could care less, but what im saying is true you dumbass, cant get in trouble for something that isnt patoned, and something isnt copyrighted unless its patoned so get your laws straight you moron, anyways w/e man, peace

unless they have there stuff patoned

but legally its anyones unless its patoned

cant get in trouble for something that isnt patoned, and something isnt copyrighted unless its patoned

Very well, I apologize for my insensitivity. However, I still have one question. What is this "patoned" you speak of?

Translation: dawg, i b sry for mah shiz but i not b gettin it still. what b patoned i is not no

a paton is a written document for copyrighting something, like if your the author of something, say a car design or something you can get it pattoned so that if anyone takes it and uses it without permission or tries to duplicate or edit it they can be arrested for breaking the copyright law, thats the basics idk the details idk much about any laws but that ones pretty well known, like piracy, same bulls**t, but ye legally whoever makes something is the author, and even if it isnt pattoned it is techinclly copyrighted, but still what i said is guess is somewhat true, i could get into trouble for it, but i dont think anyones gonna go to that kinda length as far as having me prosecuted or arrested for not getting permission for a mod, its just rude, and im not very nice about it, but hey, its not like im claiming its mine, i dont do that, ppl do that and it p**ses me off badly, i may use others stuff without permission and edit it how i want and need, but i do not clam it is mine in anyway, i respect them and there work atleast that much, unlike most thiefts, technically i am one too but i just dont ask for permission, even tho i should, but claiming something it isnt mine i deffintly dont do, its wrong, not that what i do is right but thats just f**ked up, anyways lets just drop it, im sry i said what i said and got mad, lets just forget it, i shouldnt have posted it anyways, i got bad enough rep as it is, that just makes it worse, not that it matters anyways, anyways im sry ok, anyways ttyl peace

edit: and can you plz not talk like that the translation thing, i may use slang but thats ridiculous lol, i know how to read and write english, im american ffs lol, i just use slang like lots of ppl do, tho i tend to use it to much to offten, but oh well its not like i cant type correctly, and sry i type alot, i just rather say what i gotta say in one post and not 5 or more smaller posts, thats all

Edited by knightprowl

@knightprowl

Yep, reading those avalanches of text is not much fun..

Nothing about your style - Its just too hard to read and understand, like posts in (nearly) grammatical correct english, with real words and stuff.. I needed five minutes to read yours. :P

When it comes to providing free mods, which were already given away for free, then I dont see any problems in sharing alternate or more advanced versions, as long as the downloader is able to find out who the real authors are, so the user can check for updates, get support and feed the author with feedback. Also the real author might wanna know about possibilities in improvement. Stealing those things is the bad ting!

I think thats the reason most modders dont like to see it when thier stuff is available elsewhere.

Its the lack of overview about thier little children. And sometimes its even enough to just tell the author and send him/her a link.

Ofcourse you wont get thrown in jail for providing GTA mods on the internet without permission. Fick the law, it has nothing to do with moral (or us). Maybe its enough to ask "Do I wanna be responsible for (even a little part of) all this redundant trash on the internet?". I dont wanna say your mods arent good (I just dont know) or that you shouldnt release stuff, but simply saying "f**k off" sounds pretty ignorant.

If you step on someones shoulders, watch your feet for a strong position.

Enough philosophy..

We've got no problem with them releasing the code. The reason we released the source code for SA was for coders to make improvements to it. [...]

Sounds good :D

ye i know i went to far, but like i said, i just use em without permission and edit them how i need, i dont want credit nor clame it eather, but yes your right i shouldnt have been so mean and rude about it, and yes i know i talk alot, cant help it, like i said id rather spit it all out in one post instead of many, even if there hugh ass paragraphs lol, anyways i suppose i can try and limit my text, and try and speak more proper english and not slang every other work lol, anyways it is wrong to steal i know that, tho i wouldnt call what i do stealing, it is kinda, but like i said i dont clame others mods as mine, thats just down right wrong as hell, i may use em and edit em to my needs without permission but the orginial author gets full credit even tho there not listed in any of the readmes, well they are under everyone else goes here since all my mods have 100s of ppls mods in them, as i dont make scratch made stuff cause im s**t at it, i just use whats made and edit it the best i can to what is needed, and no my mods arent that great, and with no help hardly they wont ever be bug free, but there good mods none the less, i like them and thats what matters, anyways ttyl peace

Knightprowl, do me a favor; and shut the hell up, all you do is go on and on. Your idea of modders not having copyright is half baked. and you seriously need to learn to spell or use spell check, I'm not talking about you're slang either, I'm talking about the shot gun mouth BB ass syndrome you have. just shut up about things you clearly know nothing about.

This fo-shizzle is redonkulas, anyways, ttyl peace <_<

lol, i never ask for permission, never, and its why i never upload ona mod site, just host sites like mediafire or like me 4shared, i could care less about permission, or how mad someone gets about it, ive got 100s of modders stuff in my mods, you think im rly gonna ask that many ppl for permission? your crazy, f**k permission and f**k the authors is what i say, i say use what ya want and release what ya want, its what i do and nobodys complaning that i know of, all they ever complane about is bugs and ect, permission isnt rly a biggie since after all theres no copyright on anything a modder makes, unless they have there stuff patoned then rly its anyones you wish, and it isnt against the law, so rly anything a modder makes is technically everyones, i mean ya its not nice not asking permission i know that, but legally its anyones unless its patoned, and idk of any mod or anything modding whise with a paton, mods arent something you paton or even sell, there things for everyone to use and edit at there own will and want to and anyone whos all p**sy about it can kiss my and anyone who thinks like i do asses, anyways i think ive said enough, my point is pretty much, i do what i want when i want and idc what anyone says or thinks, anyways ttyl peace

If you have not understood what I wanted to tell you, do not carry it all garbage.

@Mike, I'm sorry, the request will be sent shortly

hey i said im sry alright, what the hell do you want me to do? i quit talking about it, dont bring it up again ok? and yes i do know what im talking about, so dont start this again, anyways thats just my opinion, but still like i said i rly dont care, anyways ya know what forget it, b**ch at me all ya want idc, i said what i wanted and thats that, anyways drop it guys, i did, no reason to bring it back up, oh and, im not this stexture guy whoever he or she is, im just an as**ole who runs his mouth to much, something we all do, and bps my posts have nothing to do with your topic, nor are they meant to be towards you, its just me ranting and raving, i do it alot, technically spamming which i do it alot everywhere, so im sry about your topic, you can remove my posts if ya want, i will be quite now, ive said my dues, im done here, anyways ttyl peace

@knightprowl, I didn't say that the modification doesn't apply because there is no permission to convert models. It doesn't apply due to theft

knightprowl, the reason you ask for permission is so whoever made it is aware of it's intended use and if they're ok with it. It's out of respect for someone who used their free time to give the people of the modding community something nice. You don't have to... But it makes you a douche and an untrustworthy ass if you don't.

after all theres no copyright on anything a modder makes, unless they have there stuff patoned then rly its anyones you wish, and it isnt against the law

Our work is covered under Creative Commons, and heres an extract:

No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

and

Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.

Meaning you can not take any of our work and use it outside of the package we supplied it to you in without our prior permission.

Sign in to follow this