:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
☠Freak On A Leash☠

MAC

heya, its me again yeah. I'm back haha,

i have an important question, i recently brought a new iMac computer but... how do i get vice city onto it? I've only had little experience with a mac and i don't know if its possible to play PC games on here or not,

thanks

Well, you can get the official version off Steam. But it won't support the mod, obviously. I've experimented with Crossover Games to no avail, so your best shot is to use Parallels or Bootcamp with XP or another lightweight Windows and stick to that. I have an MBP 2010 17" + a 22" Asus TFT screen, I run parallels on the second screen in a window so I can play anytime I want.

Some do. But if you have a ton of Windows games, teh best option is to run Windows as a secondary OS or as a virtual machine (Parallels)

You need a computer which is more powerful than every other stock PC out there for what reason exactly?...

yeah haha, the freak is off the leash. its been a a long time since I've been here

Yes it has. What's new?

Wait, is that Thomas? O hai.

As for the topic at hand, I use Bootcamp if I absolutely have to use Windows.

Edited by ELBdelorean

I'd recommend bootcamping with Windows 7 or XP instead. Would spare you most of the problems Parallels and VMware may have. You can do something like mine where my Windows in my Macs are customized to be for gaming reasons only -- i.e. the taskbar is hidden, and the desktop icons are also hidden, and the thing visible in your desktop are a dock app for your games and some nifty desktop gadgets. If it is just for old games, however, Parallel or VMware would do. You can try and check videos of games tested out in Parallel or VMware in YouTube for reference. :3

Sign in to follow this