:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

Our server is updated, let's hope this is not an other prerelease making me regret the instant upgrade :D.

There is one booked for sunday because of the wooden door bugs amoung many others. ;)

What the heck is this nonsense

It makes Minecraft a more viable platform for children as an education tool, its used to develop team building skills and the ability to follow precise instructions.

The GUI is for the Teachers aid in controlling the children and the ingame environment. So they can play safe without fear of CREEPERS!!! ;)

Release Canidate 2

Game Client:http://t.co/nyWkSGba

Server Jar:http://assets.minecraft.net/rc2/minecraft_server.jar

Funny story of a fail AVO griefer in my server

SPOILER:
<TheCoolest2> And there is a reason why yo have an Avo thing abov

(18:26:31) <tvrock123456> I dont like griefing i love avo

(18:26:42) <TheCoolest2> You have a perma ban on mcbans for griefing

(18:27:02) <tvrock123456> Oh it was from notch

(18:27:12) <TheCoolest2> Notch isn't associated with MCbans

(18:27:13) <tvrock123456> He was joking i dont grief

(18:27:17) <tvrock123456> YEs

(18:27:23) <TheCoolest2> No

(18:27:27) <tvrock123456> I was on'

(18:27:30) <TheCoolest2> MCBans is not affiliated with Mojang

(18:27:39) <TheCoolest2> Its a devolopment plugin

(18:27:44) <TheCoolest2> For Bukkit

(18:27:45) <tvrock123456> Dude He said bye to everyone and just ban \

(18:27:56) <tvrock123456> Dude

(18:27:58) <TheCoolest2> yah ok

(18:28:04) <TheCoolest2> Brb

TheCoolest2 used /hide

(18:29:50) SAVED: Level "flatgrass". (2/2/40)

TheCoolest2 used /handcuff tvrock123456

TheCoolest2 used /mute tvrock123456

TheCoolest2 used /freeze tvrock123456

(18:30:44) SAVED: muted.txt

TheCoolest2 used /hide(I unhid)

(18:30:49) <TheCoolest2> aww

(18:30:50) tvrock123456 disconnected. (Notice he leaves here scared)

(18:30:51) <TheCoolest2> are you failing

(18:31:03) tvrock123456's actions for the past 100000 seconds were undone.

He built this

Untitled.jpg

Remove it if the Nazi symbol isn't allowed to be shown here.

He was finishing writing F*** you, but thats when I handcuffed him, which prevents him from building, and he was confused, running around the map trying to build xD

Back to beta, I do not like the new explosion sound, like the old BOOOM

Plus what happen to when you took damage, the sound OO OO OO happened, :(

Edited by TheCoolest2

Yeah, the damage sound is stupid considering when you drown it sounds like a stabbing sound. O_o

Stabbed to death by a lack of food and oxygen -_-

http://minecon.mojang.com/agenda.pdf

Agenda for Minecon

I hope they do add Herobrine, I mean Enderman kind of is like Herobrine, can edit the world, the eyes, but its not the same feeling. Enderman is like a creepy feeling.

Quote Minecraftwiki.net/wiki/herobrine

The disc "11" has a scream at the end of it, that is disputed to be many different things, one of which being someone screaming "herobri-", and getting cut off.

However, no official ties have been drawn as of yet. The disc is very vague, and the track is "damaged" beyond the point of understanding it's contents, as shown by the disc's icon.

C418 has yet to comment on the disc's relation to Herobrine, if indeed there is any relation at all.

Here is track 11 if you guys want to hear it, it does sound like a character in a cave or out in the night, and suddenly at the end its very hard to understand, but it does sound like HERO...

Edited by TheCoolest2

MINECRAFT 1.0 IS OUT!

I went to a friends house warming party just as 1.0 was being released so I have missed the last 22 hours :( I need to DL 1.0 :o

I don't know if anyone else here knows this, but if you type "norivers" into the seed bar in 'create new world' options, it creates an island much like the Survival island mod, only this one is in the sea and it has one tree and a ravine surrounded by a vast Ocean try it.

2011-11-18_183019.png

Not the best pic I agree but no matter how many times you use the seed, the island always looks the same.

Edited by Orgcon

Developers stream right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYqzQR_of8Y...670faf240cf0a42

At the end Jeb mentions friend list :D

New livestream, closing events

what th- *boom* the youngest person went there is 4, oldest is 77 what th- *boom*?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeAx5-T7iWw...nel_video_title

Edited by TheCoolest2

Sorry for double post, here was the live stream, a guy proposes to his girlfriend with Notch by his side at 14:45, it was so nice :)

Edited by TheCoolest2

Just updated to full version / 1.0. Still tentative whether I should stick with this version (no more updates), or I should wait for any possible major updates.

Like I've said before, I've never liked the full version to be just beta 1.9 with bug fixes and without the "beta", as many of us do use mods and we would never like a major update with new features we would really like to break those mods and have us start our worlds all over again, among other concerns.

I hope the future updates, like the upcoming red dragon, would be just optional or non-major updates.

Or Notch adds a feature in one of the future updates to make the game mod-friendly. Finally. LOL.

In another note, I also bought Minecraft: Pocket Edition for the iOS (as my low-end Android tab can't handle the awesomeness when I tried testing it there). It's just 7 bucks, and I'm hoping for more portable Minecraft awesomeness in the future. :D

Why, of course, what is a convention if it doesn't end in an argument... <_<

@Minecon; Notch vs Yogscast

Edited by RG

Yep

mojyog2.png

I still have no idea who Yogscast are! :huh:

TBH it probably started as a joke, got taken the wrong way, and totally blown out of proportion!!!

I still have no idea who Yogscast are! :huh:

Same applied to me until RG told me.

TBH it probably started as a joke, got taken the wrong way, and totally blown out of proportion!!!

Exactly that

I love these failure griefers

Untitled-1.jpg

You see his head being eaten by a Minecraft classic shark

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by TheCoolest2

"was eaten by a shark"

Admin option? XD

In another note, with Minecraft Coder Pack (possibly) getting updated soon for MC 1.0, I'm currently thinking of mods to do.

Just saw a flow chart of the potion recipes, and I must admit they were simpler than I realized. I see nothing at the moment to "simplify" via mod.

I still have that "glistering melon" problem, hoping that Notch gives it another purpose other than an ingredient for potions. I may try making them edible (3 hunger points perhaps contrary to the original 1 hunger point of the melon), while still making the Instant Health useable -- the former for hunger, the latter for health.

As for the experience orbs thing, I do begin to have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to try changing the feature a bit. And this what came out of my mind: A mod that involves getting rid of and replacing the collectible experience orbs and the experience bar in the HUD with something a little more interesting (for me).

You would immediately get all the experience that you usually get when killing mobs, among others, instead of needing to collect their orbs. And the experience bar and number counter would be replaced with something like titles based on the experience level, like "Lost" (Level 0), "Ultimate Survivor" (Level 30+) and "Conqueror" (the highest level there is).

This won't be simple to code -- and the experience orb replacement part may not likely be shared -- but it could help exercise my Java programming a bit if I ever try this out.

To tell you the truth, I'm starting to dislike the way the game is going. All this potions and stuff, turning into RPG. I saw a mod yesterday from a user on the MinecraftForum, he made a few mods, and one was the remove the Potions, experience, hunger bar, and more. Sadly I can't find it (Forgot to favorite it) If someone has seen it and has a link please give it to me, I cannot find it, I went searching but no luck

Edit: Yogscast response to Notch's comments

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments...hs_twitterings/

Edited by TheCoolest2

Same. I wish Notch could just make them optional. Or at least give the features such as the experience system more (non-RPG-based) purpose, like the experience making the game (SSP) more challenging and/or more interesting to play as you go further up other than for casting spells with the enchantment book.

As for the potions, I see nothing wrong with them. They give the Nether more purpose and also make your hardwork of gathering those ingredients worthwhile because you know in the end, by using them, you'll make the game easier and little more interesting. However, Notch did make them look like that of an RPG.

And for the enchantment book, I wish there's a mod (or I could make a mod) that can help simplify it and make it less RPG-like. I still ain't sure how. I was myself thinking of making them spawn inside the churches of villages and make them un-craft-able via mod, so that's it's that extra special and you really have to find a village (with a church) to find one, as well as to make them less RPG-y, but then I realized the spells are experience-based. So I have this fix that problem first.

Sign in to follow this