:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

I haven't seen any griefing on the server, last time I was there was last week so maybe griefing this week?

Double post:

Minecraft Authentication Servers for logins is down, so all online mode servers are not to be played in, gives you a internal error (I had that for me), like from 1.7.3. We just have to wait

It happened today around 5:40pm GMT. I started a game and it went all funny after a few minutes and chunks failed to load, so I restarted and couldn't login :( ...My fault :P

I was up playing it all night, I still haven't made it to kingship yet but the journey to it is awesome, better than than bog standard survival mode.

Yeah. I wish Notch implements something like this as a gameplay mode alongside survival, creative and survival hardcore, as probably a sort of an expansion pack or something, after the full version.

On a side note, the mod works well with the MO' Creatures mod, I only added it so I could have horses but I havent seen a single one yet. :(

If you worry about not finding horses, I on the other hand have spent hours looking for a freaking wolf to tame. My original spawning point is in a pine forest, where wolves should be more common (or so I'm told). So far, after hours of coming across about 6 biomes so far in one save (a new record for me), growing tons mushrooms with bone meal, getting killed by creepers and headless zombies (the latter courtesy of Misa and the RandoMobs mod) and also finding my very first diamonds since B1.6, there's still no freaking sight of one.

EDIT: Just remembered something. Cocoa beans. They may likely be finished in post-full version updates, but I wished that they would've finished it sooner. This has been around for awhile. But I dunno. It may just be like the apple, a special type of food item or something. Or perhaps it will be a part of the potion brewing and in this case we may finally have a cocoa plant in the full version itself. Crossing fingers.

Yeah. I wish Notch implements something like this as a gameplay mode alongside survival, creative and survival hardcore, as probably a sort of an expansion pack or something, after the full version.

There is a new game mode Notch has suggested which is 'Workshop', where you can create Buildings and Things and save them as chunks with a seed No. (or something similar) so you can upload them onto a sharing site in which you can share all your constucts which other ppl without having to DL a whole map.

So essencially you can make a whole map of other ppls stuff, all you'd have to do is insert the seed numbers into a list that will be at the create screen, and all the constructs you added will be seeded thoughout the new game world as its created. Cool Idea. :o

...If it works :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

Incorporating 'modifications' made in a world into the seed system doesn't seem like a bad idea. But then it won't be easy, as it may mean complete overhaul of the seed system and even perhaps the world generation code, which may not be nice as a post-full version update. Our current seeds can't identify each individual block in a world.

EDIT: MineBox 360 -- A Minecraft-themed Xbox 360 as one of the prizes to be won in Minecon's / Curse's Diamond Deposit Scavenger-Hunt sweepstakes. Makes me wanna wish I could go to Minecon (I, however, don't want a X360 though).

minebox.png

<Link to the Minecraft Forums topic>

You might have noticed already that I like the odd, and here's an other example for that:

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

http://youtu.be/fsk7uZI4_NI

I haven't played the mod map myself yet, but that seems quite interesting. You start out on that block floating in the middle of nowhere only with a block of ice, a bucket of lava, a tree and the dirt below your feet. As far as I can see it, you in total have a limited amount of dirt, but if you do right unlimited access to stones, wood and all their products. Additionally there's a second one of these floating "islands". That one consists of sand. I haven't seen yet if it has sandstone at its bottom, but if it's purely sand then that makes an other challenge, meaning you have to build a platform below the sand before digging the first block.

332ci0k.png

The author also says that in the current version 2 (2.1 to be precise) you can go to the nether, and that there are more items spread on the other two islands (sand and nether), maybe that also explains how to get to the nether at all.

Well, when I'm home I'm gonna take a closer look at this, it does seem quite interesting though, to my mind. The link to its minecraftforums topic is the following:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock

Alltogether it reminds me somewhat of the "404 challenge" or "404: Solid Ground Not Found!"* that used to exist from Beta 1.3 to Beta 1.8, when the two big chunk generator updates happened. The last one sadly resulted in the seed not anymore generating the "desired" feature: A quite big surface of gravel that, when the first block is dug, collapses and sends you downstairs a large shaft realy close to the bottom of the map. You then are left down in the cave with only the resources you collected at daytime, so you should be wise in your choice.

* = A little background information: In Internet technology the number 404 generally means that for example a requested file could not be found by a web server. This particular seed actually generating such a map was a funny coincidence.

EDIT: Fixed above, Skyblock is just a map, not a mod. Means if you walk far enough you might run into newly generated land ;).

Edited by Mini-Me

I have tried the SkyBlock before. Took me at least 9 tries to beat most of the challenges. You really need to know some MC tricks like making your own cobblestone generators (which was something I was a noob at in my 1st-3rd try) to play this map.

B1.9 Pre-Release 5 (or should I say "B1.9.5" since there won't be a full B1.9 anyway) released. Reddit post with the download links here.

One of the new features -- The Enderdragon's head is now its Achilles' heel.

You can finally hurt it by attacking its head. Reminds me of Chaos from "Sonic Adventure" and the bosses in "Silent Scope", among others. Upon (its epic) death, it rises up to the air, glows purple and then finally disintegrates, along with some explosion textures as it does.

But in this version you'll be needing a mob spawner or a mod to spawn it and test it out.

2567j86.jpg

I updated our server to Beta 1.9 Prerelease 5.

Also I figured how to hide the command line window that additionally popped up when starting the server from a batch file to give it more RAM :).

jsDoF.png

I like the new texture for iron block, I wonder if this will happen to gold and diamond blocks as well

Also slimes don't spawn between y1-16 anymore, I hope that means any y coord ground :D

Changelog

SPOILER:

Block of iron texture is changed. Pic

You now have mushroom biome grass in your creative inventory.

Fence Posts no longer connect to leaves.

More achievements.

Annoying Stair glitch fixed. Confirmed by redditor meesebyte.

Option to disable clouds in menu.

F6 = smooth walking It seems to allow you to fly straight but not up or down (works on survival). It acts as a noclip, lets you go through blocks deals you damage... Your Y co-ordinate doesn't change.

F9 Adds a fixed camera angle. ( You can move this with I, J, K, and L)

Passive squid animation is now vertical. (Credit to B1ueStarfish for finding this)

Lily pads are no longer gray in inventory, have a tool tip.

In creative mode hostile mobs no longer attack you unless provoked, except for ghasts and spiders. Note Enemies from spawners are still hostile. (Thanks theriverotter)

Melon slice drops are back to normal! (Thanks dg200)

Pressing "N" "M" "Y" "U" "O" and "H" changes depth of field and angles of camera. (Thanks Pupetteer)

You receive a warning when changing render distance to far.

Items retain their enchantments if chest is destroyed.

You can now look around without a mouse using: I, J, K, and L.

Slimes not restricted to y0-16 anymore.

Game Crashing piston glitch fixed. Video demonstrating bug

Player bow drawback animation improved.

Silk touch does not work on spawners.

Instant Heal splash potions damage zombies.

Vertical Water physics are different. (Not sure if bug or otherwise)

Cool Enderdragon Death Animation. Vid

Snow Golums visible!

Longer reach for mining as well as attacking.

When logging out of a world and logging back in while flying will no longer send you toppling down to the earth.

Possible changes

SPOILER:
Grass seems slightly different, confirmation anyone? Confirmed

Overall performance seems to be better, less resource intensive.

Longer reach for fighting mobs. Confirmed

Terrain generation seems to have been tweaked.

Fences next to doors (and possibly other non-connecting blocks) will no longer block arrows or melee attacks at the cracks. NEEDS CONFIRMATION

Bugs

SPOILER:
Fences don't keep animals in effectively.

You can connect 3 chests to each other.

Incomplete list Please report any bugs you find.

Edited by TheCoolest2

MCForums:The upcoming convention to highlight and celebrate the launch of indie blockbuster Minecraft has no more tickets left for purchase. We're looking forward to seeing everyone who will be attending Minecon! If you didn't have a chance to purchase tickets for attendance, don't worry - we will have full coverage of the convention, which we'll bring straight to you right here on the forums! Check in frequently for more updates.

Yay, now I can watch it xD

Minecraft-The-End-2-Pre-Release-41.jpg

In my opinion, the new "End" dimension in Minecraft looks a lot more like celestial rocks in outer space, than floating islands in the over-world/natural world's skies.

The top of the End is utterly black and looks like static, and the place is utterly dark, which make it look like the place is further away from the sun, the moon and even the stars. And the Endermen do look like extraterrestrials in this dimension.

Considering all of this, it does make a lot of sense why it's called the "End".

Slimes not restricted to y0-16 anymore.

I don't mind the layer restriction. I however do about the invisible slime spawn blocks. :confused:

For all those that want an easy Minecraft skin editor:

MCSkin3D

3d_.png

MCSkin3D is both a skin management and skin editing tool. It holds all of your skins in a convenient place, lets you manage them from within the program, and even lets you upload your skin directly to Minecraft.net without ever needing to open a browser.

It is written in C#.NET and requires the .NET-Framework 4.

Err, Started server backup after a week of down time, and 3rd person to join says

23t0c28.jpg

Now hes asking if everyone is a girl and if they want to have sex with him, I've seen this user before...

http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play/c1bc...9ba6aea2f7ca4a4 Incase if you want to join :D

Im sorry but this is the best minecraft mod ever hands down!!! :o

It adds more to the game, than 20 of the greatest mods combined...

Click the Link, read the description and watch the videos. B)

Now this is the funniest MC video I've ever seen!

Edited by Orgcon

For all those that want an easy Minecraft skin editor

Here's another good alternative -- best for those who want a nice skin but don't have the creativity to make it themselves -- Skincraft: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/571250

It adds more to the game, than 20 of the greatest mods combined...

The "MAtmos" mod, plus the "Nature Overhaul" mod for me. :D

I know the Official release is at Minecon, but whats happening tomorrow? 11/11/11 has this date been scrapped altogether as Notch hasn't mentioned anything about it for a while? :huh:

Edited by Orgcon

Sign in to follow this