:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

I don't have a very good computer and I struggle to play MC on highest settings cause its a memory hogg, and my CPU barely spends anytime below 99% so no, its not true.

He may have had that idea in the past because the guy loves 3D First Person Dungeon Crawlers, but the game has grown into so much more over the last 2 years. ;)

Edited by Orgcon

Would you guys like the idea of Herobrine? I would, super rare, would love to find him if he is added

800px-Minecon-Herobrine.png

Herobrine has appeared in official Mojang images as an "in" joke.

His first appearence in official mojang images started with the Wedding Weekend, in which he was just behind Notch's Minecraft character. His second appearence was in the Minecon header, where, yet again, Herobrine was just behind Notch.

Some users point to this as proof of his future addition. However it is likely a Red Herring, and only there to provoke Herobrine "supporters"

Tumblr_lptis8PNzr1qzb7ox-Herobrine.png

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Herobrine

Thanks I know what Herobrine is, just pointing out they could have found a different skin for him at least

Hmm. Just checked out the MC Wiki. They seem to have taken off "Beta 1.10" from the "upcoming features" list. And Beta 1.9 will likely be released before October 18. Sounds like good news. Provided that it is true that there won't be another beta and they'll proceed with the full release from this point, I may go back to playing Minecraft again.

Minecraft looks fun, I'm not sure if I should Get it. I know a lot of people like it, since it takes a step out of real life.

This reminded me of someone I found randomly in Facebook who posted in his (publicly-viewable) FB wall about his promotion. When people started asking how a Minecraft addict like him did it, most especially when it was the time when one of the first beta versions was released, he asked "Last time you guys told me to get a life, you called me a workaholic. So now you're telling me the same thing again because I'm playing Minecraft. So I guess it's safe to ask this time what does an 8-bit Java game has anything to do with my life or career?" Which is followed by "Can you guys make up your mind? XD" Made my day. ;p

I hope they stay in the Ender though and don't make it in the overworld.

I hope so, too. 'Cuz Enderdragons roaming around the 'natural world' would really ruin the atmosphere. Me thinks they might only spawn in the Ender as a special/boss mob (probably being able to tame them as a cool reward) so no Enderdragons spawning naturally in the natural world. Perhaps they would only end up in the natural world if you bring them there (when tamed).

Sadly animals still despawn. I had a little farm in my garden but now all animals are gone.

That will probably get fixed in full B1.9. I even feel the animal breeding and taming ain't complete yet.

That's why I keep looking at Endermen every now and then. Just because I find it funny how they teleport towards me, suddenly seem to be gone and then bite my ass :D. I've got to check what happens if I try that while standing in water, as they are hydrophobic.

You know we were talking about potions, right? :P

Edited by Mini-Me

Yes, I know you were talking about potions. All I said was that I look "for the LOLz" at the endermen.

You forgot to remove one line in my quote (and quoted it twice), I fixed that for you.

Server down???!! D:

DRAGONS :o

Edited by TheCoolest2

Hey guys, good news. The Sky dimension is now known as "The End" dimension, the home of creepy sh*t called Endermen and Enderdragons. Awesome.

(Not that I hate it, though. It's nice they come up of it. The idea is more original and more fantasy-like than it being a sort of the opposite of the Nether which will just be a theme borrowed from Judeo-Christian religions. I personally prefer the Nether as a kind of mix between Greek myth's Hades, as the place of the undead, and the Judeo-Christian hell, with the alchemy, demonic-looking netherbrick structures and stuff. I have still yet to figure out The End's role and description as a dimension, though.)

I hoped for Windows to be cooperative and automatically reboot and start the MC server after the update is done, but not only it failed with the update, it also has been off for some hours and took several attempts to get the updates installed properly. But now it is back running.

OK, thanks for that :). Odd that it really was completely turned off :S.

Our server has been updated to prerelease 4:

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre4/minecraft.jar

Enderdragons will luckily not make it in the overworld, though:

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Oh and, they are not yet available :P.

Pre-release 4? I thought Notch said that they're not making anymore Betas, or is that not till after 1.9 full release?

NVM, I miss read it, hes going to try and release a pre-release every week on his twitter untill the final release at Minecon.

They've only gone and switched the bloody sky around!!! It no longer rises in the North and sets in the South, it rises in the East and sets in the West!!! And they have added a Crescent Moon!

Edited by Orgcon

No need to yell that loud and hurt my ears (or rather write that big and in that an agressive color to hurt my eyes) :P.

Sorry Mini, I got a little over excited! :P

I just made this HD 'Moon Phases' texture if anyones interested...

moon_phases.png

Well it was HD before I uploaded it to Photobucket, they used the shrink ray on it :(

I uploaded it to mediafire; http://www.mediafire.com/?gnu1itmz3eisgzc

Edited by Orgcon

NVM, I miss read it, hes going to try and release a pre-release every week on his twitter untill the final release at Minecon.

Sounds like more good news. The pre-release ones after B1.9 may be for the full release itself.

Enderdragons will luckily not make it in the overworld, though:

<VID>

Now I know why they're called Enderdragons. Btw, their use of the explosion texture seems like good news for Misa's HD texture pack. Whenever an Enderdragon phases through blocks, we'll be seeing Misa's more yellow/red explosion-like textures. Which will be awesome. And in HD. :D

I just made this HD 'Moon Phases' texture if anyones interested...

<PIC>

I'm guessing the moon phases and the now-reddish full moon would be for the zombie apocalypse thing Notch was talking about. Crossing my fingers.

EDIT: Just saw the new default textures via Wiki. I was wishing for them to be an addition to the pre-existing full square moon, but I guess it's because it's hard to imagine a square-y crescent moon. LOL. I'm also liking the new pixel-y round sun.

The Zombie Apocalypse thing would be a good idea, but no I made it red because a Lunar eclipse is usually orangy red. But it can sometimes be Blood Red which is known as 'Hunter's Moon'.

Might be worth mentioning it to Notch if anyone here has a twtter account.

OMG, Creeper passed between Mines poles in front of me and scared the sh*t out of me. Lucky he didn't see me. I found diamonds.

2011-10-13_184652.png

Edit: Stupid creeper got stuck in webs.

Creepy little things aren't they, with Misa's texture pack? :P

Speaking of, can't wait for the Enderdragon. It uses the explosion texture when destroying blocks, so...

Misa's Enderdragon + Enderdragon's uber-griefing power + Misa's realistic explosion textures = O_O

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Thats the third time that video has been posted, does nobody on here read 'Previous posts'? :mellow:

Its just a shame her 64bit texture pack is overkill for my PC :(

I'm currently using Glimmar's Steampunk pack with a few of my own modifications. :P Jules Verne would be proud! ;)

Sign in to follow this