:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
«PC»

Minecraft: Buildings, Contraptions, Griefing, Et Al.

$99 USD to go to Minecon in las Vegas! Does anyone here know anyone sad enough (and rich enough) to be attending!? :huh:

I would love ot come, but well I can't :P

They are selling steve heads

068bt.png

Jeb recently tweeted this image, which appears to be pork, beef and lamb in the player inventory. It would seem that Steve is becoming quite the chef! We'll post more information as it becomes available!

According to MC Wiki and Jeb's Twitter, the ones in the middle are the new texture for the cooked pork. Makes sense 'cause the cooked porkchop I knew in real life are brighter. No mentioning of lamb meat. I do like one, though.

From left to right, it's 5 raw pork, 2 cooked pork, 1 raw beef, and 1 steak / cooked beef (using the old cooked pork texture). Here's the MC Wiki article for the Steak, showing the pre-1.8 cooked pork texture.

Also, I hope the Baby Animals mod makes it in 1.8. Jeb tweeted something like not being sure yet and being discussed about by the team.

Mmm ...Veal! :P

That's probably one reason why they want to 'discuss' it first.

In other news, Mojang's new upcoming game named "Scrolls" has been threatened with a lawsuit by Bethesda, the company who developed the Elder Scrolls series...for simply using the word "scrolls". Indeed, as Notch suggested, it reminds me of the patent troll Tim Langdell and Edge Games. In the past, the company (with the help of Langdell) has been suing others for using the word "edge", like Mirror's Edge, Soul Edge, Playstation Edge and Planet's Edge, as if they can trademark a freaking word. It could be just the lawyers suing, though. As a fan of their games myself, I do hope so.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8519901309/be...-the-full-story

This is how Notch handles the situation

Notch: I am back, and I am excited.

Marriage has been wonderful so far, and nobody sabotaged my computer while I was gone.

The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:

Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Eyrie? Well, let’s do that instead!

I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, you select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.

If we win, you drop the lawsuit.

If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something you’re fine with.

Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.

I am serious, by the way.

More news about b1.8. Notch reveals a screenie of a game-generated river. Damn. I can't imagine how much they haven't revealed to us yet about the upcoming update. NOW I can't really wait for 1.8. :D

6MeBH.jpg

And speaking of, while I do prefer the old mushrooms and the traditional mushroom farming, and I have doubted about the huge mushrooms being a good new feature before, I'm beginning to think they'll be in the update for more than just mushroom stews.

No, giant mushrooms look more like strawberrys than mushrooms. I don't like them either. I think a texture edit is in order when it comes out. to make them look like trees.

Why are there no palm trees in minecraft?

The are not the hardest tree to make.

2011-08-20_231418.png

Edited by Orgcon

So I'm looking for a .class file list to see what each .class is for, when I stumble across this and

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/list-of-m...ty-issues.8387/

So I see if my friends account is hacked, nope, then I put in mine what th- *boom*??

Account 'TheCoolest2' found!

The account you have requested was found to be compromised as of March 17, 2011. If this is your account, it is highly recommended you change your password immediately if you have not done so already.

If you believe you may have information on how your account was compromised, please send me an email so that I may investigate it further. Please do not contact me to remove your name from this list or reset your password. If you have lost total control of your account, please contact Mojang.

Account History

Username Date Reported # of Accounts

thecoolest2 March 17, 2011 439 accounts

Solvable with an easy password change. My uncle's account got caught, too.

No, giant mushrooms look more like strawberrys than mushrooms. I don't like them either. I think a texture edit is in order when it comes out. to make them look like trees.

That's unless they would have a sort of mushroom-based function. Also note that the big update here would not be the huge shrooms themselves. But the new biome that will be based from them.

I don't like it, either. Got mixed thoughts whether it would turn out good or not. I was about to ask Misa to make an alternative tree-based skin for the huge shrooms in case they turn out to be awful in b1.8, until I saw the "biome" part.

@theCoolest2

This comment might be unnecessary, cause you should already know, but this looks like an email by a highjacker who pretends to be an admin or something and warns you niceley about possible acount stealing.

"validate your password at this link" blabla..

If you follow any links in those emails and type in youre pass, they have it

I got those mails, warning me about my WoW account would be sold by someone.

I dont own WoW.. :P

edit:

sorry if im completely off topic. a friend of mine owned WoW until he got one of those mails..

Just dropped by, i dont even know minecraft. ^_^

Edited by uokka

This was post by the BUKKIT Devs, I don't think they send out viruses :P

We’ve been in Seattle for three days now. The first day was just arriving and eating lunch before crashing in bed. The next two days were meetings and planning with Microsoft, working out some details for the XBox version of Minecraft and getting to know their team a bit better. Today, we did a brief drop-by at Bungie to say hi (but not to Valve! Why not? I miss those guys), then went to the PAX floor to help Elin, Lydia, Vu and a couple of volunteers to help finish up the last details. While doing so, we found a couple of bugs in the 1.8 demo and I had to do some live bug fixing right there.

PAX starts tomorrow, and it’s going to be awesome. If you’re there, please come check out our booth at the sixth floor, we’re very proud of it.

Good night,

Notch

They said 1.8 will be released after PAX, Does that mean in a few days 1.8 is coming out?? :D :D :D

I've got a long weekend this late of August. Not expecting to see my favorite mods updated to 1.8 very soon (texture packs excluded), but I hope I can test b1.8 out this week.

@uokka: No worries. This is legit. The issue was that someone found out the usernames and passwords of hundreds of MC players and posted them online for pirate use. No suspicious links here nor any other phishing crap. They're simply asking you to change your password via the official Minecraft site if yours is one of them.

Well they need to release 1.8 soon if they aim to meet the 11/11/11 deadline for 2.0, AKA the finished game!

Theres still a couple of months left yet, but time is diminishing fast. It'll be chrimo soon enough. ;)

Three months sound long enough to me. I'd like to believe most of the goods of the full version will go with b1.8. The Adventure Update, in my opinion, would serve as the full version's demo.

Minecraft have just got their payback from Valve for the Team Fortress mockery in the 1.5 Easter update.

Valve has just released a T-Shirt that mocks the "3 Creeper Moon" T-shirt in the minecraft merch section.

Just realized the Portal t-shirt wasn't really much of a payback. LOL. Both shirts were based from and were parodies of the original and famous Three Wolf Moon shirt from Amazon, which explains why the shirt looked familiar to me.

Jeb_ Tweeted they're releasing Minecraft 1.8 next week, which is tommorow, the 28th :D

Do you remember this DK.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

@TheCoolest2: It could possibly be anytime next week after 28th. They still have the feedback from PAX.

I read that all worlds before 1.8 will have to be deleted as NPC Villages will cause chunk errors, including multiplayer worlds

It WAS indeed confirmed in Notch's recent live-streaming of b1.8 in PAX that pre-b1.8 maps will NOT be compatible with b1.8. So yeah. I'm glad I've reconsidered waiting for b1.8 before playing MC again.

Here's a good vid of the PAX live-stream footage from AntVenom.

It seems there WILL be a beta version after b1.8 after all. Beta 1.9 will be about Nether updates.

And you can kill Endermen with water. Which is cool, I guess. *Preps water buckets for Endermen slaughter*

Sign in to follow this