Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
OUTATIME

Back to the Future... Part IV

Yes, but there is a screw-up in the plot that will bore the audience or ruin the thrill. If only it can be revised a bit without the screw-ups, it will be better.

How about the usage of the Institute of Future Technology in the plot?

But it would be better though if we have a Back to the Future Part IV which is not a direct sequel to BTTF3 and has a different protagonist, new characters, etc..

A different trilogy, perhaps.

That's what I was suggesting. Unlike those fan-made Back to the Future Part 4/5/6 scripts, the plot shouldn't bump to the plot of the original trilogy (the movie(s) will be criticized for lack of originality this way). The plot should be completely different with a new set of characters, possibly having some of the old characters featured like Doc, and possibly a new setting other than Hill Valley. Having a "Scott McFly" as a protagonist isn't a bad idea, but the time setting should be somewhere near present time (like 2007; so Scott McFly, instead of Marty's son, should be sort of Marty's younger cousin who possibly looks and acts like him).

We can also have catch phrases like "Great Scott!" remain to give the audiences an idea that this is still BTTF. :lol:

am i the only one who thinks 3 is a perfect #? plus if they did make a sequel trilogy i wanna see more Doc and the train....god knows how i love that train

offtopic4offtopic: i wonder if theres a Trilogy of Trilogies like if they made three more SW movies

offtopic4offtopic: i wonder if theres a Trilogy of Trilogies like if they made three more SW movies

It is possible, although audiences and critics will get used to seeing the same ideas, concepts, story and universe being featured over and over again -- unless if they're all Star Wars fanboys, that is.

The reason why Lucas made a prequel trilogy is because the original trilogy ended up great, and the technology needed for special effects in Sci-Fi movies have enhanced enough for many Sci-Fi filmmakers' liking, so he indeed made a prequel movie to give his audiences more and better Star Wars experience. Making a prequel than a sequel was the best idea that time, seeing that there are some parts of the original trilogy audiences wanted to know more about like Anakin Skywalker's past, about how he ended up as a Jedi then eventually Darth Vader, Obi-Wan's past and his experience with Anakin, Yoda's past, how the entire Jedi was almost eliminated, what was the Star Wars universe like before the Galactic Empire was declared, etc. Making a sequel will just simply complicate the entire plot of the trilogies.

anything that happens before or after the SW movies has been covered in graphic novels, proper novels, comics and video games (ie the JK sereis and KOTOR)

shadows of the empire was a pretty good graphic novel/video game

...and video games (ie the JK sereis and KOTOR)

I can still remember the first JK game (Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2). It was on old Windows 95 game, and one of the first Star Wars games and FPS games I played. I can still remember Kyle Katarn holding his lightsaber the same way Starkiller / Darth Vader's apprentices does in Force Unleashed. It was also one of the first games I played with multiple endings. Ever since, I had this great interest in FPS games, Sci-Fi games and games with multiple endings.

I only got to the stage after you get off the first planet (the turret stage) but I could never pass it. Maybe it's because I played it on PC and not a console (IDK).

Sign in to follow this