Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Bullseye

Modeling software?

Hello everyone I was wondering if you could suggest what kind of modeling software would be best to use to create VC/SA models, I tried zmodeler, its ok for a while but then it says it needs to close :(

I have Cinema 4d installed is there a script for importing *.dff and *.col like in 3dsmax?

Thanks in advance.

~John~

ps. Move this topic if posted in the wrong place. B)

I believe 3DS Max would be your best bet.

If I recall correctly, Liam uses Cinema 4D to create the models we use in the game, but once completed they are exported to a .3ds format for import and prep for ingame use.

Rather than wading straight into 3DS max modelling which is more complex to use. I would recommend you start with simple (and free!) software such as "blender". While I don't have much expirence with modelling myself I always found blender a lot more intuitive than max.

There is also a free version of 3ds max (or at least like 3DS Max) called gMax which I believe also works with "Kam's GTA tools" that is commonly used with 3ds max. According to wikipedia gMax focuses more on content creation than 3D animation which is the primary use for 3DS Max. Hope this helps.

Edited by FUTD

more complex to use if your stupid :D

There's too many unneeded tools in it for just modelling, gMax and blender suit his purpose much better than Max. Especially for learning.

Edited by FUTD

Ok I've now got 3ds max 9 and Kam's script, though I am trying to just make some simple models to start with, I made a chrome effect object recently, later on I want to learn how to make models for in game use... some things are a little confusing but no doubt I'll pick it up! :D

wish me luck :)

Edited by Bullseye

Sign in to follow this