Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
patrick

gta 4 save game help needed

okay so after my comp got screwed up (freezing every 5 mins) i backed everything up (including gta save files) and restored windows to factory settings. i installed gta 4 and put my save game in the location (in appdata somewhere) and when i load the game it just starts a new game. help!

Vista Guide

1. First you need to back up two folders, the first folder is your Rockstar games folder (which contains the save games) and the second folder is your xlive folder which contains ... well god knows but you need it anyway.

2. You can find your Rockstar folder here C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games <- copy that folder somewhere safe.

3. You can find your xlive folder here C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive <- again back up that folder.

4. After you have formatted and reinstalled the game simply copy those folders back to where they should be overwriting the folders that are there.

5. Now run the game and press "HOME" in-game to sign-in from XLive. Choose your old nick when signing-in. Don't make new account or your save file won't load.

6. After signing-in, play the game and it will load your save file automatically.

Windows XP Guide

1. First you need to back up two folders, the first folder is your Rockstar games folder (which contains the save games) and the second folder is your xlive folder which contains ... well god knows but you need it anyway.

2. You can find your Rockstar folder here C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\ <- copy that folder somewhere safe.

3. You can find your xlive folder here C:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Applicationdata\Microsoft\XLive <- again back up that folder.

4. After you have formatted and reinstalled the game simply copy those folders back to where they should be overwriting the folders that are there.

5. Now run the game and press "HOME" in-game to sign-in from XLive. Choose your old nick when signing-in. Don't make new account or your save file won't load.

6. After signing-in, play the game and it will load your save file automatically.

Make sure you've followed the one that relates to your OS to the letter... windows7 is the same location as Vista I belive

Edited by Orgcon

Now you know why I HATE the game, it was either badly designed or wrongly put together!

All I can suggest is to play it again from the start or DL someone elses saves.

I made the ultimate mistake when I installed EFLC and SUPPOSEDLY ACCIDENTLY saved over my GTA4 save file. That made me angry and sad at the same time!

ive also had a problem with custom multiplayer on both 4 and eflc. it runs for a second then freezes my comp. i posted on gta forums and they told me to go to games for windows live forums but games for windows live is bsing me and telling me that i dont have a gt when i do. the multiplayer used to work for a few days but now it doesnt

Sign in to follow this