:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
skypokemon

Eco Car

Ok so what if the top of a car is all solar pannels, there are three water jets that pump the same water over and over in to a three water wheels that all charge the battery while you are driving and the gas tank and replace it with a battery and the water tank, with pump. Would this be a good idea because it runs on electricity. And yes this is a stupid topic I know but I couldn't resist.

Flaw 1: There are already cars like that (without the pump system). They're made only for races, with solar panels on all the surface and can barely carry one person.

Flaw 2: Solar panels can't generate the ammount of wattage or amperage to run 3 water pumps, let alone 1...

Flaw 3: There is no battery lightweight enough and powerful enough to run that kind of system without mechanical help.

Can't think of any more right now, but the idea is too silly.

In these forums, we respect the Laws of Thermodynamics!!

The battery will be charged and will power the water pump and charge the battery along with the solar pannels which keep the battery going longer, while the battery also runs the engine. It is a usless idea until we make a large compasity light weight battery so now we wait for that to come.

You're not understating the concept. It's like trying to start a car changing the battery for 8 Double-A batteries connected in serial configuration. Either it won't start at all, burst all the batteries out violently or the engine will just move one milimeter before you run out of juice, even though both dispatch 12 Volts on Direct Current.

Weight will also cause major issues. It's like the personal Jet Pack. Too big it won't fly. Too small you can't fit.

Actually solar panels can run numerous pumps, if they're the right ones. My school has a bunch of ponds in one of the court yards, and they're all powered by solar panels.

Idk but I see your points so we have to wait for tech. to advance more, you may close this topic if you wish or you can change the title and this can be a topic for people's ideas for machines and other inventions. Its all up to you guys.

Something is wrong with the Earth's gravitational pull.

@Sky, I had an idea a lot like yours. To me, in order for it to work, the car would need NASA strength solar panels AND as big as NASA strength Solar Panels, you know, the one's used on Satellites and THEN you could probably have a system like that..... in space :P

DK that gives me an idea but its dumb have a satilite in space direct sunlight to your car and follow you kind of like a GPS sattilate, but that would never work and if it did you would have to be very rich to get a car and sattilate. And as I said in on of my origanal posts about closing or changing the topic, but now I give a third thing you can do keep it the way it is. :P

one problem with that that would be like hold a magnifying glass up onto a piece of paper it will burn. don't forget solar panels are reflective usually so think of the glare. also atm we do not have effective batteries for such a large amount of power they would overload within minutes.