Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iProton

Mini-quiz

Qioz  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Doctor from Doctor Who, is the first known Doctor to pilot the TARDIS if though it was actually a spaceship?

• Paul McGann
    • Tom Baker
    • David Tennant
    • Jon Pertwee
  2. 2. What was the name of the company which called "Back to the future" "too mature for kids"?

• Universal
    • Fox
    • ABC
    • Disney
  3. 3. What was the name of the computer, which made Bill Gates world famous?

• IBM
    • Macintosh
    • Knight Industries 2000
    • Commodore 64

Three things I know nothing about! So I guessed :P

Jon Pertwee

ABC

IBM

Edited by Orgcon

lol, you know the answers. So what's the point of your answer? :lol:

OK!!! So the right answers are...

Which Doctor from Doctor Who, is the first known Doctor to pilot the TARDIS if though it was actually a spaceship?

David Tennant

The tenth Doctor has been seen piloting the TARDIS over London in Doctor Who s03e00 (The Runaway bride). He also states that a spaceship shouldn't do that much flying.

What was the name of the company which called "Back to the future" "too mature for kids"?

Disney

Unable to find producers for their movie idea, the Bobs (Zemeckis and Gale) found themselves at the doors of Disney. But Disney requested them to rewrite the script, because they figured it was too mature, because of the scene where mother nearly violates her son (unlike other companies, who thought that it was too childish).

What was the name of the computer, which made Bill Gates world famous?

Macintosh

While IBM merely used Gates and his company for their little lines in the code, a Hippy, who gates considered his foe, stepped in the Microsoft headquarters and requested a User Guided Interface OS for his computer. This made Macintosh the first desktop computer to have the classic Windows interface and Bill Gates the first person to make a commercial variant of the OS that XEROX made for their needs.

<_< Only one correct for me... Well, you gotta learn from your mistakes... :lol:

While IBM merely used Gates and his company for their little lines in the code, a Hippy, who gates considered his foe, stepped in the Microsoft headquarters and requested a User Guided Interface OS for his computer. This made Macintosh the first desktop computer to have the classic Windows interface and Bill Gates the first person to make a commercial variant of the OS that XEROX made for their needs.

Where did you get that from?

I couldn't find a mention of that on wiki, which is surprising...

Where did you get that from?

I couldn't find a mention of that on wiki, which is surprising...

Read Steve Jobs' biography, Bill Gates' interview. They are not really enemies, it's just an illusion.

I remember watching the made for TV movie about the two of them long ago. I'll try to find the name.

[EDIT] Found it:

Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999)

B0009NSCS0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Amusing, isn't it? Bill Gates has to be thankful to the Mac :P

He is, ever since. I knew this some time ago, and this is the reason why my father decided to have Mac the first computer to be used in the family in the first place.

So I still wonder where all of this "Microsoft VS. Apple" thing came from. It's more like a thing MS and Apple fanboys started, instead of something Jobs and Gates made up. Even Microsoft people use Macs, and Apple people use Windows -- my uncle's friend, an Apple employee and one of the programmers for the Mac OS X (dunno what's his name), uses Windows Vista and calls it a "cool OS". They weren't originally one-on-one rivals, until we made them one-on-one rivals.

It was Jobs and Gates. It was purely personal in my opinion. It's like when 2 egoists meet each other.

And for me, it ain't 2 egoists meeting each other. In fact, if you don't know, Microsoft and Apple do work together at some points. If they're really rivals, what is the real cause then? They seem to have differing visions/objectives, but not opposing -- no offense but Jobs himself, as from what I can tell, is a single-minded capitalist, while Gates gives away billions of dollars for the benefits of others while selling an OS that's heavily-criticized by many, two differing characteristics which aren't enough to make them rivals of some sort.

It was Jobs and Gates. It was purely personal in my opinion. It's like when 2 egoists meet each other.

Actually Gates was an ***hole about it. He said that he could help the Macintosh and basically stole the GUI interface (while employed by them) to make windows, although Apple stole/bought the idea from Xerox. Same goes for the mouse.

I wonder what things would be like if Xerox kept their ideas.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Actually Gates was an ***hole about it. He said that he could help the Macintosh and basically stole the GUI interface to make windows, although Apple stole/bought the idea from Xerox. Same goes for the mouse.

I wonder what things would be like if Xerox kept their ideas.

He never basically stole the GUI (it's not a "GUI interface", GUI already stands for "graphical user interface" lol :P). What do you suppose to expect in making GUIs without hurting the users' eyes?

It was funnier when Gates named all the new stuff in the coming up Windows, and the host said "But it is already in Mac OS..." then there was a silence...

Sign in to follow this