Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Suggestions for new look bttf hv website/forums

It's time I seriously start looking to upgrade the bttf hv site/forums, I've been talking about this long enough, it's time I actually started gathering ideas, and that's where you guys come in.

Do you have any idea's as to how the new site should look? I already know that the next version of the site need's to look a lot more bttf, it needs to instantly say bttf as soon as someone looks at it.

Any ideas? For any budding graphics artists, feel free to post some mock up's.

Only one condition, any images need to be from the mod and not real life pictures.

menusign.jpg

daisy.jpg

The previous' forum background could as well work quite good. The colours should be more silver-ish rather than dark grey/blue. Maybe a close up image to the DeLorean's front in game as a background?

One other condition, now big background images, too 1990's style web design. We're going for modern, but at the same time it needs to look like a bttf site.

So leave the background white and.. try to make it look BTTF with the logo only?

Logo, Category images, new post/old post images, colours, overall design/layout... I could go on.

You need to think a little 4th dimensionally on this one, you aren't limited to just the logo.

So the radioactive new/old post images are coming back XD

I didn't say that, I'm sure we can come up with something a little better looking don't you think? :P

Flux capacitor would look kinda good. Glowing for new posts, off for old posts

When you enter the website, there should be a little intro about 5 seconds like the Flux Capcitor or Delorean with the Flux Disporsal sounds and Welcome to BTTF mod website, I don't know I've never seen the old forum, anyone have a pic of it?

I like it better

forum tpic picture thinges could be the empty light (as full for new posts and flashing empty for no posts or the other way roud.)

the site should look like the central panel in the delorean (where doc put the time circuits)

with the sdes looking like the interior of the delorean.

needs a fusion industries logo.

definetly needs a animated flux capicitor on the home page.

Man, I was expecting to revisit this topic today and see a ton of comments... come on guys, this is your chance to have your say on how next version of bttf hv will look.

iMaster would be pretty handy to have input from, since he's good with graphics he could make a few mock ups of what the site should look like.

However, he's gone for 2 weeks or so, so you still get to listen to our uncreative crap

We can most definately use new icons etc on the new site. But the main purpose of this topic is to allow us to design a brand new look to the forum, which instantly says "this is a bttf site" as soon as someone looks at it.

Although I personally don't mind the current skin, it looks more kr than bttf because of the red bars at the top, and secondly, this skin cannot be ported to IPB3.

The time circuits could be placed like at one side, but like in DeLorean, in 3 rows, not like it is now

what about having the navbar divided into 3 sections in a similar look to the flux capicitor?
How do you mean exactly? Can you make a mockup? Pictures ftw in this thread.

Good idea, however I think that design would take up a lot of screen space.

Maybe the forum categories themselves could be designed in a way to look like the time circuits? how about that?

Sign in to follow this