:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Brandonlai

New Graphics Card can't decide!

Not in my price range.

Well, if the next iMac will come with one, I will get it.

I tried building a Hackintosh. So I threw together the specs I'd like it to have (closely resembling those of an iMac), but then I started adding up the LCD and Stereo.... I was very disappointed when the price grew up to being a 100$ less than the said iMac.

Edited by iMaster

GT 220 is.

Didn't look further than that, gotta admit.

My Macbook supports the 5th shader.

So your Macbook has GeForce 400 series / Radeon HD 5xxx graphics? Because only the two support Shader Model 5 at the moment. Unless you're implying the Macbook's graphics can be upgraded with a Shader Model 5 one (that would be awesome).

I remember trying to install a 4th shader game through Parallels, but it refused. Running a quick investigation I found out my Mac supports shader 5. Weird, huh? Maybe I got something wrong.

That must be one powerful computer as my GTX only supports shader 4 lol the old ATI card I had supported shader 4.1 but was alot slower than GTX obviously

because it might not have had as many streaming cores, my current card has 60 streaming cores, while my old card only had 4 but they both had the same memory.

Running a quick investigation I found out my Mac supports shader 5.

So it's the Mac that supports shader 5. There are non-Mac PCs that also support Shader 5. You know Apple, always up-to-date (or beyond).

In my case, I'm stuck with ATI Radeon HD 4850 for our gaming tower. My dad's not gonna buy a new GPU anytime soon -- and I was expecting a NVIDIA upgrade, oh well. The ATI's a pretty decent GPU, no doubt. (too bad Force Unleashed lags on the thing, f-ing Aspyr)

Oi, mistaken it. The 17" inch has Shader 5, mine has Shader 4.

Sign in to follow this